LR AccuBond Question

ShortMag3

Is anyone experiencing inconsistent accuracy with the 30 caliber Long Range AccuBonds?

I've loaded 190's and 210's in 5 different rifles.
I can get a good 3 shot or 2 shot group and then the next group goes south.
Tried touching to way off the lands.
Magnum and Sendaro contour match grade barrels, Schneider and Pac-Nor
All five rifles shoot Bergers sub 1/2"

ShortMag3

brentc

Is anyone experiencing inconsistent accuracy with the 30 caliber Long Range AccuBonds?

I've loaded 190's and 210's in 5 different rifles.
I can get a good 3 shot or 2 shot group and then the next group goes south.
Tried touching to way off the lands.
Magnum and Sendaro contour match grade barrels, Schneider and Pac-Nor
All five rifles shoot Bergers sub 1/2"

ShortMag3

I noticed this when using Fed 215 primers with the 210 LRABs in my 300 WSM at .095 off the lands. Once I switched to CCI 250s the group came together. They shoot right around 1.25 to 1.5" group at 300 yards. I sacrificed about 20 fps with the CCI250s.

BergerBoy

I'm NOT a patriot... I am a U.S. Constitutionalist
WOW!! You found some?? LOL...
I thought they did not even exist until I saw a box of 210s at SHOT. I hear that Nosler had/has stabilization problems with the rounds. What is your twist? I assume it's a 1-10. Please post what your findings are.... You are not the first person I have heard of with issues concerning the Accubond LR.

Good luck

djtjr

I've had a hard time with accubonds in general at times. Very few of my guns have shot them well. I like them for hunting purposes album I have only been able to get them to shoot very well 30 percent of the time. When I can't get them to go I switch to a ballistic tip or an amax and the groups shrink righ up but again they are less ideal in my mind for bigger game.

Recent Posts