Low Power Scope Help - 2-10x ?

IMG_3973.jpeg

I want to see 1 of these in person. My problem with Vortex stems from what I think is a problem with my eyes and their coatings. I have a Viper HSLR and Viper HD 15x binos. I have also seen this in a buddies strike eagle.

When I look thru the glass in high sunlight it gets very "milky" or what I describe as "over exposed". I am interested to see if this one is the same way. I don't have this same issue with my Burris Veracity or XTR 2 scopes.

I am also rethinking about the Nightforce SHV 3-10X. It is SFP though.
An illuminated SHV 3-10 with MOAR reticle would eliminate the problem with holdovers at different magnification settings.

I am putting together a new rifle that will be my short/medium range thumper. I need a scope that will take some recoil but still be a nice optic. I also want to keep it under $1k if possible.

Rifle = Savage 110 Rechambered to 9.3x62. Depending on scope weight I expect it to be about 9lbs all in. Max real range is probably 300yrds. We hunt elk in areas that are usually sub 300yrds. If we go to areas with longer ranges I will bring something flatter shooting.

I like my Burris scopes, so the new Veracity PH seems interesting, as does the original Veracity in 2-10x. I am not a huge Vortex fan, but would consider it.

I am also torn on FFP or SFP. I prefer FFP as most of my scopes are going that way. I do have a SFP 2-12 Leupold that I really like though. I just don't like having to be at certain mags for the hold overs to work. I HATE duplex reticles.

What are thoughts/options for scopes?
SWFA scopes will exceed your expectations, https://swfa.com/swfa-3-9x42-ss-hd-mil-quad-reticle-30mm-tube-1-mil-clicks-ffp/

Recent Posts