• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Lots of primers & powder

Hespco

Was in my local Scheels store in Missoula , MT. today. First time in quite awhile because I live over 60 miles away. Was amazed to see thousands & thousands of primers of different brands & sizes. Only problem was prices ran from $89.99 to $109.99 depending on what you selected. CCI small rifle was $109.99. Also many many, many pounds of powder. Truly amazing. If you live within reasonable driving distance here is an opportunity, if you can afford it.

As shooting & hunting winds down for the winter, and component production continues at its current pace, I'd expect supplies to start mounting up on shelves again. If everyone is just a little more patient, I think prices will moderate a little before the smoke clears.

Yeah, I'm down I Salmon. For the past 5 months or so, even time I've been to Scheels up there they've had primers in stock but I haven't touched them once the prices went up. I did buy 2k CCI magnum small rifle for $79.99 back in August but those prices have since increased.

Bob Wards in Hamilton has been having primers in somewhat regularly too but usually around $12 per hundred.

The thing I dont understand is how so many of these stores up north can have this much powder and primers and in the south where I'm at most stores/shops have not seen primers in well over a year and if you do find any powder it's so little one person could tote it out of the store.

As shooting & hunting winds down for the winter, and component production continues at its current pace, I'd expect supplies to start mounting up on shelves again. If everyone is just a little more patient, I think prices will moderate a little before the smoke clears.
I wish you were right but I would bet we are looking at the new normal. I doubt it's going to moderate.

I was reloading for a Savage 110BA in .338 Lapua Magnum yesterday (New Year's Day) and noticed the price for Remington 9 /12 M was $1.79 for a card of 100. Not sure when I purchased them, but it had to be before the pandemic.

Attachments

• Primers.jpg
    Primers.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 21
Pre Covid/Election prices might never be seen again BUT I think there ll be a downward movement from current prices. Just gonna take a while and it ll happen quicker if people just become more patient and "just say NO" to current robbers !!

Pre Covid/Election prices might never be seen again BUT I think there ll be a downward movement from current prices. Just gonna take a while and it ll happen quicker if people just become more patient and "just say NO" to current robbers !!
Please let us all know where these downward movement prices may be happening....😆😆😆😆

Attachments

• 34890.jpeg
    34890.jpeg
    337.5 KB · Views: 61
I was reloading for a Savage 110BA in .338 Lapua Magnum yesterday (New Year's Day) and noticed the price for Remington 9 /12 M was $1.79 for a card of 100. Not sure when I purchased them, but it had to be before the pandemic.
Please let us all know where these downward movement prices may be happening....😆😆😆😆
I saw 15 for 100 but 25 is the highest I've seen so far!