Looky Looky... New Gunwerks GLR Action...

Aaron,
I saw the video several days ago and was impressed.
LH action got me a little giddy:D
I am very pleased you have your own action!

Hey guys, media released this video a little early, so we are behind on supporting material.

Stainless Steel is $1370 Titanium is $1670. RH LA std and mag are available now. SA and LH will be ready by spring.

I think we have selected the correct features to incorporate for proper function, with great execution and a few unique features. We worked on the design for over 18 months!

Main Points:

1) Different extractor, double plunger ejectors and lower ejection port. We did this to get more reliable ejection, and clear scope turrets without the troubles of the traditional over the lug M16 or Sako type installations.

2) Bolt operations were enhanced with proper clearances and selective fluting. Bolt lift force was reduced and the feel was enhanced by using two cocking cams. This gives lighter bolt cycling with a heavy spring and fluted firing pin (some actions do this with a heavy firing pin and light spring), this keeps lock time at a minimum. Obviously, the bolt handle is integral not attached.

3) Bayonet style shroud allows very simple maintenance on the firing pin assembly.

4) Integral lug. More thread tenon, MUCH stronger (no pin cutouts), less joint movement under load.

5) Will fit Remington style accessories (triggers, stocks, front ring base spacing for 8-40).

Send more questions and feedback.

Do you have an approximate release date?

Second sentence has cost and third & fourth sentence has the time when available.

"Stainless Steel is $1370 Titanium is $1670. RH LA std and mag are available now. SA and LH will be ready by spring."

It all seems pretty impressive to me. I've had ejection problems and having a gunsmith cobble a fix is not the same as having a properly engineered action.

Second sentence has cost and third & fourth sentence has the time when available.

"Stainless Steel is $1370 Titanium is $1670. RH LA std and mag are available now. SA and LH will be ready by spring."

Crap I missed that. Thanks, I hate it when people ask questions that have already been answered.

Hey guys, media released this video a little early, so we are behind on supporting material.

Stainless Steel is $1370 Titanium is $1670. RH LA std and mag are available now. SA and LH will be ready by spring.

I think we have selected the correct features to incorporate for proper function, with great execution and a few unique features. We worked on the design for over 18 months!

Main Points:

1) Different extractor, double plunger ejectors and lower ejection port. We did this to get more reliable ejection, and clear scope turrets without the troubles of the traditional over the lug M16 or Sako type installations.

2) Bolt operations were enhanced with proper clearances and selective fluting. Bolt lift force was reduced and the feel was enhanced by using two cocking cams. This gives lighter bolt cycling with a heavy spring and fluted firing pin (some actions do this with a heavy firing pin and light spring), this keeps lock time at a minimum. Obviously, the bolt handle is integral not attached.

3) Bayonet style shroud allows very simple maintenance on the firing pin assembly.

4) Integral lug. More thread tenon, MUCH stronger (no pin cutouts), less joint movement under load.

5) Will fit Remington style accessories (triggers, stocks, front ring base spacing for 8-40).

Send more questions and feedback.

I am going to have to have one of these in a LA RH mag but I do not see them on your site. What rings and bases do you use and will I be able to purchase them from you also?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.