Gunwerks action?

I bought 3 and my smith bought 3. They came in the other day and he said he was very pleasantly surprised how nice they are. He said lock up is rock solid, action is smooth, not Borden smooth, but very smooth. He said it was timed pretty nice, there again not a Borden but as nice as most the other top actions out there. He said if they made it in a single shot he wouldn't hesitate barreling one up as an F-Class gun. I bought a LA mag bolt, SA Mag bolt and a SA Standard bolt. I also building a 28 Nosler on the LA, a 6.5 SS/7 SS sw on the other.

I went and filled out my paperwork for my actions and took a look at them and they are very nice, I'm glad I bought them especially at that price I got them for. Everything my buddy told me was spot on, they even looked better in person than the photos on their website. If you were on the fence then go ahead and jump! Jump on it you wont be sorry.

I went and filled out my paperwork for my actions and took a look at them and they are very nice, I'm glad I bought them especially at that price I got them for. Everything my buddy told me was spot on, they even looked better in person than the photos on their website. If you were on the fence then go ahead and jump! Jump on it you wont be sorry.

I have barreled two so far and they are very impressive for the price. They will put a serious hurt on other custom action sales if they continue to sell them at that price!!!

this is good news! thanks for letting me know. I have no experience with custom actions so this will be my first. I do have a semi custom on a trued 700. so id assume this will a step up.
my brother in law will be building my rifle at cost, so is there any reason I should pick say a Curtis or defiant over the gunwerks? I can get the gunwerks for a steal!

this is good news! thanks for letting me know. I have no experience with custom actions so this will be my first. I do have a semi custom on a trued 700. so id assume this will a step up.
my brother in law will be building my rifle at cost, so is there any reason I should pick say a Curtis or defiant over the gunwerks? I can get the gunwerks for a steal!

If you can get them at cost go for it. I wouldn't hesitate to build another rifle off one of these actions they are very nice. They have dual cocking cams on the firing pin and the bolt lift is super smooth and light. For the price they are great I would rate it up there with a stiller or like actions, Maybe not a borden but its also $500 cheaper

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.