Looking For Wild Bill , on Australia Gun Ban

redbone

This is an Post from " 243 06" Posted By Wild Bill

as others have said keep you're family rifle as some history to you're lids and grandkids.

We lost most off our inherited guns with gun bans the the history cabt be replaced.

get another rifle to make a fast 6mm on mabe a bit more modern action.

Cheers Bill
Australia

Wild Bill

Can you give us some Info here in the USA about the Austraila Gun Ban ?

Can you tell me what went on in Australia Gun ban ?

you said that they got your old rifles .

What Guns did they let you keep ?

What Kind of Guns did they Ban ?

Do Australia Have an NRA ?

How did Australia Get the Gun Ban Passed ?

Do you think that the Gun Ban can be repealed ?

What Kind of long range Hunting do you do ?

Redbone

Australian gun BANS

Hi Red we have had 2 so far and if the current government gets back in I'm sure there will be another. The firs banned all semi auto rifles and shotguns including 22's. This took a lot off old rifles mainly old browning A5 shotguns and semiauto 22's including my first rifle a 10-22,
then came the handgun ban no revolver barrels under 4", no semiauto barrels under 5", no calibre over 38 unless special exemption like western action and metalic shilouete. No capacity over 10 rounds.

And you have to attend your shooting club nearly every week just to keep up the minimum attendences to keep your license.

Also if you are caught any where not directly on the way to or from your club you loose your license and get charged.

Cheers Bill
Australia

I have often wondered why you don't get rid of the bums in Parliament and bring in pro gun people?

If we could we would guys.

Here in the UK they have banned pretty much the same as Aussy but we still got 10/22's.

The only hand guns and semi auto's in the country (except military) are illegal but they still give us a beating when the crims shoot each other up with them!!!

Figure this, if you ask the authorities to tell you how many guns are used in crime ie pistols they can't tell you cos they believe as they banned em years ago they don't exist..... Go figure that!!!

Wish we had your views here:eek:

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.