Looking for Opinons! good and bad

You'd be surprised how much mileage you can get out of a factory Remington Sendero or several other good factory rifles.

The savings could be applied towards better optics, range finder, trigger time, etc..

If you have the desire and budget for a good custom, then you owe it to yourself to go with a smith that's got a proven track record. This web site is a great resource because many smiths are accessible and their work is displayed and reviewed by customers.

Unfortunately, good smiths are in demand. So, lead times can be lengthy.

Hence, some of the pre-built customs such as the ones that Len here sells may be attractive options.

Proper barrel break-in is required. Fire lapping is a last ditch effort to improve on a not so good barrel.

Best of luck!
Richard

I would just go get a Factory Remington 700 Sendero II. Those things are scary accurate. Then when I shot the barrel out of it, I would send it off to a smith to customize it with a new barrel, trigger and whatever else you want to do to it.

Another option is to buy a used "system". I see them on here from time to time....gun, optics, dies, brass, case, load info, ect....!!! From factory right up to major blingbling.

For what it is worth, I have baught a few comp guns from the web. I consider the BBL to be trash and always replace it. But, after a quick bore scoping, the tubes were good to excelent. :D I would think now is the time...hunting season is winding down and guys are budgeting for their new toys. Usually, the old one must go first to fund the new one.

Good luck,
Tod

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.