Looking for a good rangefinder.

The main difference will be the rated effective range and the 05 is a little more compact.......I had a hunter bring a PLRF10 to camp a couple years ago which really turned me on to the vectronicx and it was just about the time the PLRF05 was coming.

He brought it back this year and I got to play with them both side by side and for all ranges short of 2000yds they are practically identical, if you consistently shoot extreme range the PLRF10 may be needed but for everything I do the PLRF05 fits the bill.

See what comes out at Shot Show this month. I know some stuff comes out but isn't released to public just yet. If you know whats coming gives you some time to sell your current stuff to people who would love to have it. Also gives you time to rob the piggybank. I like to "work my way up" to better stuff. You can also call your dealers and get your name on a list for something that is coming. Some companies have burned consumers by revealing stuff and then taking forever to get it in our hands. I have noticed recently this has been the opposite.

Does the new(er) 1600-B model with the ballistic app features add anything of real value to this rangefinder? Does the older 1600 include an angle reading of some sort? I don't know that I would use this in place of Shooter so I'm just curious what others thought.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.