Looking for Help Picking Factory .308 for Whitetails

Wanted to get you all's opinion on my factory options for .308 on Whitetails 300 yards and in. Rifle is a Bergara Premier Approach currently in its factory configuration but it will be wearing a 16.5" Proof at some point in the future so we can take that into account if need be. All shooting will be suppressed. Objectives are 1st to dispatch the animal quickly, 2nd to leave a good blood trail if possible since we hunt some really thick stuff down here in MS and 3rd to bloodshot as little meat as possible. Below are the loads I'm thinking I'm going to try. All of this is obviously pending the gun actually liking to shoot them accurately but I thought this might be a good starting point to narrow it down while I wait for my new scope to come in.

Nosler Trophy Grade 165gr Accubond
Barnes Vor-Tx 150gr TTSX
Barnes Vor-Tx 130gr TTSX
Federal Premium 168gr Berger Classic
Hornady Precision Hunter 178gr ELD-X

Appreciate the help and opinions y'all.
My choice would be Nosler 165gr Partition or Ballistic Tip.

What ammo can you get your hands on , and the same lot # would work for a while . At the range you asking about 300 and under - any 150 gr + would work. It's bullet placement that count's . Remember all guns are not created equal- some like prime rib others chop meat . I like the Nosler either the partitions or BT's its easy spending someone's dollars !!!!

I trust Barnes above all others
I never hunted with copper expanders with the 308s I used to hunt with, but with my peashooter I like to use now, 6.5 Grendel and the 6arc this coming season, I am going to experiment heavily with Barnes and some of the softer coppers . I use a 127 long range Barnes in my Grendel, but haven't shot anything yet . Groups in the .3s out of on AR15 though . I have some hammer 99s to test once I get my loading stuff resituated .

Wanted to get you all's opinion on my factory options for .308 on Whitetails 300 yards and in. Rifle is a Bergara Premier Approach currently in its factory configuration but it will be wearing a 16.5" Proof at some point in the future so we can take that into account if need be. All shooting will be suppressed. Objectives are 1st to dispatch the animal quickly, 2nd to leave a good blood trail if possible since we hunt some really thick stuff down here in MS and 3rd to bloodshot as little meat as possible. Below are the loads I'm thinking I'm going to try. All of this is obviously pending the gun actually liking to shoot them accurately but I thought this might be a good starting point to narrow it down while I wait for my new scope to come in.

Barnes Vor-Tx 150gr TTSX
Barnes Vor-Tx 130gr TTSX

Your selected rifle and any of the cartridges will provide needed accuracy in delivering the bullet to the target at =<300yds. The bullet does the work you desire once on target in terminal performance. Deer are thin skinned. Ideal is a through-and-through wound channel with quick expansion out of the area of meat quarters. Entrance doesn't provide massive blood release/trail. Exit wound post-expansion is intended for that. There are two scenarios. 1) best scenario: skin/ribs/tissue vitals/ribs/skin. Need fast expansion, energy dump, with remaining energy to puncture through second ribs/skin post-expansion to release blood, messy but negligible meat damage. 2) worst scenario: skin/quarter meat/shoulder bone/tissue vitals/quarter meat/shoulder bone/skin. Requires great penetration with controlled expansion, retained weight and energy for exit. Massive blood lost, but also massive meat damage. Bullet design performing great for scenario one won't provide the performance needed to please for the second. Bullet providing desired performance for scenario two will not preform well for scenarion one......through-and-through insufficient expansion for massive blood release. For generally non-dangerous deer, the second scenario is to be avoided due to the massive meat damage. Scenario one is best of the two. As typically the case, bullet placement is key. Avoid the shoulders, focus on double lung/heart shots. That said, I prefer a third scenario providing the best, IMHO, of all worlds for deer......a neck shot providing the best terminal performance. Lights Out, Dead Right There, absolute minimum meat damage, minimum blood mess, no need to track. 1MOA at 300yds is a 3 inch kill zone. very reasonable with the correct ammo which your rifle likes. Bullet performance is minimal importance with a hit there. Now, which bullet should you use? I think you are over thinking this deery thingy at your range. Save that thinking for game that might turn the hunter/prey relationship up side down if not a DRT ending. We successfully use store bought Winchester 150gr Deer Season ammo. Rarely any result other than one shot, one kill.....all bullet placement. No heartbeats expended/wasted reloading, cost effective. Know what you and your rifle can do, be picky on the shot placement, have fun, and kill your deer. Save the overthinking for deeper meaningful thoughts like......why women freak out over an "up" toilet seat, optimizing the probability of pulling an orange M&M peanut first out of the bag, and why God decided to create us. :) :) :)

I would need to look up the G&7 Bc's but my vote is for the Federal Premium or Hornaday Precision Hunter. Send some final pics when you get it dialed in and of course, your first whitetail.
Are you going to put a 16-1/2" barrel on that fine Bergara??

Barnes Vor-Tx 150gr TTSX
Barnes Vor-Tx 130gr TTSX

Winchester Deer Season XP 150 gr…works extremely well and won't break your pocketbook.

Your selected rifle and any of the cartridges will provide needed accuracy in delivering the bullet to the target at =<300yds. The bullet does the work you desire once on target in terminal performance. Deer are thin skinned. Ideal is a through-and-through wound channel with quick expansion out of the area of meat quarters. Entrance doesn't provide massive blood release/trail. Exit wound post-expansion is intended for that. There are two scenarios. 1) best scenario: skin/ribs/tissue vitals/ribs/skin. Need fast expansion, energy dump, with remaining energy to puncture through second ribs/skin post-expansion to release blood, messy but negligible meat damage. 2) worst scenario: skin/quarter meat/shoulder bone/tissue vitals/quarter meat/shoulder bone/skin. Requires great penetration with controlled expansion, retained weight and energy for exit. Massive blood lost, but also massive meat damage. Bullet design performing great for scenario one won't provide the performance needed to please for the second. Bullet providing desired performance for scenario two will not preform well for scenarion one......through-and-through insufficient expansion for massive blood release. For generally non-dangerous deer, the second scenario is to be avoided due to the massive meat damage. Scenario one is best of the two. As typically the case, bullet placement is key. Avoid the shoulders, focus on double lung/heart shots. That said, I prefer a third scenario providing the best, IMHO, of all worlds for deer......a neck shot providing the best terminal performance. Lights Out, Dead Right There, absolute minimum meat damage, minimum blood mess, no need to track. 1MOA at 300yds is a 3 inch kill zone. very reasonable with the correct ammo which your rifle likes. Bullet performance is minimal importance with a hit there. Now, which bullet should you use? I think you are over thinking this deery thingy at your range. Save that thinking for game that might turn the hunter/prey relationship up side down if not a DRT ending. We successfully use store bought Winchester 150gr Deer Season ammo. Rarely any result other than one shot, one kill.....all bullet placement. No heartbeats expended/wasted reloading, cost effective. Know what you and your rifle can do, be picky on the shot placement, have fun, and kill your deer. Save the overthinking for deeper meaningful thoughts like......why women freak out over an "up" toilet seat, optimizing the probability of pulling an orange M&M peanut first out of the bag, and why God decided to create us. :) :) :)

I agree with you on the neck shots. Used to do it all the time until I made a bad shot on a deer about 4 years ago and never recovered it. Been back to shooting behind the shoulder ever since. Also agree that I could likely get really good results with really cheap ammo, but like a lot of folks on here I like to go the extra mile on time, effort and money 😂😂😂

I would need to look up the G&7 Bc's but my vote is for the Federal Premium or Hornaday Precision Hunter. Send some final pics when you get it dialed in and of course, your first whitetail.
Are you going to put a 16-1/2" barrel on that fine Bergara??

That's the plan. I actually haven't decided if I'm going to actually replace the barrel with a Proof or just get my Bergara barrel cut down and re-threaded. I'm leaning a little towards cutting down the Bergara because the short length is more about being able to more easily hunt with the suppressor than it is about pure weight, although that's a bonus.

The 130's should be good to about 550 yards in a 24" barrel. If I'm not mistaken you will be good to about 375-400 with a 16.5" barrel.

That's what I was thinking and since I'm not going past 300 I'm thinking the 130gr Barnes is probably a great candidate.

I like the monos as I've been hunting with them for a long time now. Granted, the situation is completely different as I'm using a 100gr GMX out of my 6.8 SPC AR so I really feel like I need the extra penetration with that cartridge and it's never let me down if I did my part. With the .308 I don't feel quite as much need for all the penetration I can get so that got me looking at the cup and core stuff hence the rabbit hole I'm currently down and the reason for my post.

Appreciate all the input everyone!

I might get some hate for this, but HSM 168AMAX loads have been absolutely devastating the deer out of my buddy's .308. He does a lot of culling and herd management work (part of his job) and 90% of his shots have been DRT and he shoots a LOT of deer. Wouldn't recommend it for anything bigger, but a 168AMAX behind the shoulder of a whitetail is extremely effective.

I hunt the thick stuff in eastern NC. While all of those mentioned above will obviously kill a deer, I like the accubond for it's dead right there performance. Now, with that said, many bullets are blamed for lost game, when it was not the fault of the bullet. Shot placement is key. For under 300 yards, I normally shoot the neck where it meets the body, or if the deer is very relaxed and looking away, a head shot is not out of the question if the odds of the deer moving during bullet flight are minimal, meaning deer eating or looking straight away. Even with this I seldom take a head shot as so much can go wrong. Find a round your gun likes, practice with it, know your limitations and make sure you place the bullets where that bullet is designed to perform the best. Few deer carry off an Accubond with neck/shoulder hit, or heart lung.
Absolutely! I use them in all my .308 rifles, and have not had one move over 10 feet in 23 out of 24 kills. Nosler Trophy not quite as accurate as Black Hills Gold but hunting has proven great accuracy. (I have not found BHG recently)

I have a tikka tac in 308 20" barrel with an adjustable cheek which I use in heavy brush and under 500 yards. It shoots 1/2 MOA with the ELDX 178 factory load.

It is not my primary hunting rifle but I do like it and I am going to put a proof barrel on it this year.

Barnes Vor-Tx 150gr TTSX
Barnes Vor-Tx 130gr TTSX

At 300 yards and in, any of the loads you listed will do the job. (300-Yards is a relatively short shot for the .308.)

To maximize your blood trail you want complete pass-throughs with a fully mushroomed bullet. The fully mushroomed bullet increases trauma and will increase blood in the meat unless you limit shots to head and upper neck.

You can limit the amount of blood clots in the meat by draining the blood almost immediately after shooting a deer.

I favor lighter bullets to minimize meat damage. For this reason I would opt for the 130 grain Barnes you have listed.