Looking for a factory 280AI rifle.

I apologize if I am wasting your time as you where specific in what you are looking for. I have a family member that has a CA Ridgeline 280AI 26" barrel

Sorry if I'm waisting your time as your were nice and specific. I have a family member with a new unfired CA Ridgeline 280AI 26" barrel that he would like to sell. Let me know if this interest you. Thanks.
Can u pm me the price. Your not wasting my time. I am here taking everything in. Only 2 ackley improved i ever owned was a 22 250. And a new kimber 84L hunter 280AI. Sold it before i shot it. I wanted to get one threaded with muzzle brake. And a little heavier of a barrel. I like my 22 250AI.

Well another Weatherby in 280 AI if you are looking for a light weight rifle is the MARK V Live wild, it is build to order, and weighs about 5.8 lbs. I was going to order a 7mm Weatherby Mag in this model but on their website listed 1:9 twist, when I contacted them prior to placing an order it was 1:10. I may get the 280 AI in this or a 28 Nosler, as the weight is right for mountain carry. I checked for the Browning online for stores here, I am not seeing any X-Bolt speed, only seeing an X-bolt Pro at Sheels here in Colorado. I am seeing only seeing a Fierce the CA you mentioned and a Weatherby WeatherMark at Cabelas. Sportsman Warehouse has the biggest rifle selection online here, but not the X-Bolt Speed. I will keep my eyes open here.
Hi i fount a new browning xbolt speed 280AI. I have got to decide soon. If i want the browning buy it before someone else does.

Hi i fount a new browning xbolt speed 280AI. I have got to decide soon. If i want the browning buy it before someone else does.
For the money, the xbolt is hard to beat, IMO.

If you want to lighten the trigger, tighten the trigger pull screw down all the way to "crush" the spring. This can be a cheap fix. NOTE! BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVER TIGHTEN TO THE POINT OF STRIPPING THE SCREW!!

Last edited:
I am looking at these models.
Leupold
VX 3 4.5x14x40 CDS
VX 5 3x15x44 CDS. (used)
Huskemaw 4x16x42 (used)
Zeiss
V4 4x16x44 (used)
HD5 3x15x42 (used)
Conquest 4.5x14x50 (used)
I never looked at the Zeiss brand. But i know there top of the line scopes.
check out the Demos at RedHawk Rifles for Zeiss.

I have a Savage UL in 280AI. I love the cartridge, the rifle comes to my shoulder well, I like being able to carry it in the mountains without breaking my back, and the balance with a Harvestor EVO supressor isn't bad but, the action is as smooth as a gravel road compared to my Tikka or my Bighorn TL3.

I am looking at these models.
Leupold
VX 3 4.5x14x40 CDS
VX 5 3x15x44 CDS. (used)
Huskemaw 4x16x42 (used)
Zeiss
V4 4x16x44 (used)
HD5 3x15x42 (used)
Conquest 4.5x14x50 (used)
I never looked at the Zeiss brand. But i know there top of the line scopes.
Noticed that you had a Kimber on the list of possibles.

I like my Kimber Montana 280AI. Running a VX5HD 3-15x44.

Sacrilegious to some, but the only thing I would change would be the CRF ... I'm a strong push feed (or CRPF) preference, especially for a blind magazine.

Well, I would have also changed that Kimber produced a rifle with a feed ramp that did not need gunsmith work in order to work properly.

But I have not owned a rifle nearly as light as mine that shoots as accurately. My Fieldcraft is close.

Try this link to find current inventory of the X-Bolt and other rifles you are considering: https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/023614850168?suggestion-term=browning x-bolt 280

I have been shooting the 280 AI since the early 90's, long before it became a factory option, and it has served me very well in the States and in Africa. I shoot an older Kimber 84L with a walnut stock. It was factory bedded and is sub-MOA accurate, but its chief virtue is that its cold bore shots are always right where they should be. I have no experience with the newer Kimbers but sometimes the old ones pop up on GunBroker. The newer ones are too light for my taste (I know I am treading on sacred ground here), but mine with its scope, sling and a full magazine (it holds 5 rounds!) weighs right at 8 lbs, and I find that it is easier to hold steady in field positions and conditions.
I fount it at guns.com It ened up being the xbolt Speed Long Range 280AI . Cant wait too shoot it.