Looking for Help Picking Factory .308 for Whitetails

Wanted to get you all's opinion on my factory options for .308 on Whitetails 300 yards and in. Rifle is a Bergara Premier Approach currently in its factory configuration but it will be wearing a 16.5" Proof at some point in the future so we can take that into account if need be. All shooting will be suppressed. Objectives are 1st to dispatch the animal quickly, 2nd to leave a good blood trail if possible since we hunt some really thick stuff down here in MS and 3rd to bloodshot as little meat as possible. Below are the loads I'm thinking I'm going to try. All of this is obviously pending the gun actually liking to shoot them accurately but I thought this might be a good starting point to narrow it down while I wait for my new scope to come in.

Nosler Trophy Grade 165gr Accubond
Barnes Vor-Tx 150gr TTSX
Barnes Vor-Tx 130gr TTSX
Federal Premium 168gr Berger Classic
Hornady Precision Hunter 178gr ELD-X

Appreciate the help and opinions y'all.
I'd start with either the Nosler/Accubond or Hornady/ELD-X.

Just for grins, Remington 165gr CoreLokt tipped and Winchester 165gr also. You will be surprised.
If you reload, W-748 and I stick with the 165's.
I'll see if I have a 300yd target with CoreLokts.
Could not find .308. Here is factory Win Power Points for an example.

Attachments

• Remington 700 7mm 300 yd target.JPG
    Remington 700 7mm 300 yd target.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 44
Here is an example of 180gr RN CoreLokt in my reload. 100yd, off hand.

Attachments

• gun range 9 18 13 005.jpg
    gun range 9 18 13 005.jpg
    587.1 KB · Views: 43
Wanted to get you all's opinion on my factory options for .308 on Whitetails 300 yards and in. Rifle is a Bergara Premier Approach currently in its factory configuration but it will be wearing a 16.5" Proof at some point in the future so we can take that into account if need be. All shooting will be suppressed. Objectives are 1st to dispatch the animal quickly, 2nd to leave a good blood trail if possible since we hunt some really thick stuff down here in MS and 3rd to bloodshot as little meat as possible. Below are the loads I'm thinking I'm going to try. All of this is obviously pending the gun actually liking to shoot them accurately but I thought this might be a good starting point to narrow it down while I wait for my new scope to come in.

Nosler Trophy Grade 165gr Accubond
Barnes Vor-Tx 150gr TTSX
Barnes Vor-Tx 130gr TTSX
Federal Premium 168gr Berger Classic
Hornady Precision Hunter 178gr ELD-X

Appreciate the help and opinions y'all.

ELD X dont gruop well for me sig eleate huntter 165 are sweet my gun loves 175 fedral termnal assent

+1 for federal fusion. I have not used it in 308 but have had excellent performance on white tails with 6.5x55, 6.5 creed and 30-06. Great 100 yd accuracy across all calibers I have tried and very good bullet performance. They are not the highest bc bullets but for 300 yds you won't regret them.

I asked my wife for a certain ammunition for Christmas and then she gave me hornady white tail so I tried it and dropped a nice 8 pointer on his butt drt and while Dialing in the gun at 200 the accuracy was pretty good but when I went to reload they had a crimp primer I didn't care for that but they did shoot good and 1 shot 1 kill I couldn't complain and I have about every bullet primer and brass along with 35 different powders but that's what I use out of 1 of my 308's

Have shot many deer with bullets in different calibers from 68 grain to 300 grain. In 308 Winchester the best combination out to 400 yards has been with 125 grain bullets. 150 grain and heavier looses velocity and doesnt always drop the deer as the 125 does. I am not impressed with small cases and big heavy bullets. The 125-130 grain has allways performed the best due to a higher muzzle velocity than the larger projectiles. I also have a 308 to shoot 168 grn match bullets. Very accurate but not the best for deer.

1.) Give the Bergara to charity or a favorite relative or your mistress. Or keep it for backup.
2.) Buy a Browning BLR in .308. Lever action rifles are made for hunting whitetails.
3.) Find which commercial .308 ammo works best.
4.) Go kill deer.

Hornady American Whitetails shoot .5" groups in my 700.
They perform on deer when the get there. since your inside 300 yards, it's an easy choice for me.