Looking for help picking a brass

If I'm not mistaken, Norma makes Nosler brass but don't take my word for it; that's just what I have heard. I prefer Nosler to Norma though as I believe Norma brass is a little too soft. Either one is high quality though. :)

Norma makes nosler brass.

That being said, once Nosler gets the brass from Norma, they weight-sort it, uniform it, chamfer and deburr the necks, deburr the flash holes, and fully prep them for reloading right out of the box.

So, the extra couple dollars for the Nosler brass is worth it to me.

I bought 400 Nosler cases last week. I looked for Norma cases and couldn't find any. You must be a better searcher than I am.

I've opened one box of them and measured about a half dozen of them. They look nice and are ready to load.

MudRunner,

Are you sure that Norma makes Nosler brass?

I have 280 Rem brass made by Norma and 280 Rem brass from Nosler and I have compared the volume and the weight and there is a great difference between them. I don't think that they came from the same company.

I have heard that Federal makes Nosler brass what is the truth?

MudRunner,

Are you sure that Norma makes Nosler brass?

I have 280 Rem brass made by Norma and 280 Rem brass from Nosler and I have compared the volume and the weight and there is a great difference between them. I don't think that they came from the same company.

I have heard that Federal makes Nosler brass what is the truth?
I've always heard Norma. Never heard Federal before.

I emailed Nosler...I'll post their response, if they reply back.

Everyone makes something for someone else. You'd be amazed at who actually manufacturers most of the high end, custom built rifles and it ain't who's selling them either..... (my lips are sealed btw)

Seems as though I read somewhere that Norma does create cases for Npsler.

Everyone makes something for someone else. You'd be amazed at who actually manufacturers most of the high end, custom built rifles and it ain't who's selling them either..... (my lips are sealed btw)

Seems as though I read somewhere that Norma does create cases for Npsler.
Yep...Remington owns Dakota Arms now, and is making their $12,000 rifles. Thought that was a funny fact. :D

If any of the rich local doctors and lawyers ever found that out, they'd probably have a crap-fit. :D

Serves them right for spending 1/2 what I make annually, on a rifle...

...and that isn't the only one that comes into my mind a few other ultra high end shooters are made by some obscure machine shops/smiths too.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts