Help Pick a Load

The Tikka's generally end up about a grain higher on the final loads than other makes. Start lower if you feel like you need to.

According to Quickload w/ my data, and the Long Family OBT tool for a 24.375" barrel ... I should have a node @ 1.247 mS w/ 61.1 gr of RL17 and another node @ 1.118 mS w/ 66.1 gr of RL17. My plan is to load in 1 gr increments from 61.1gr to 66.1gr and do a ladder test @ 300 yards...then fine tune it from there.

For those of you who use Quickload a lot .... is the OBT tool by the long family usually pretty close to an actual node? Thanks

According to Quickload w/ my data, and the Long Family OBT tool for a 24.375" barrel ... I should have a node @ 1.247 mS w/ 61.1 gr of RL17 and another node @ 1.118 mS w/ 66.1 gr of RL17. My plan is to load in 1 gr increments from 61.1gr to 66.1gr and do a ladder test @ 300 yards...then fine tune it from there.

For those of you who use Quickload a lot .... is the OBT tool by the long family usually pretty close to an actual node? Thanks

I wouldn't be surprised if you could run 66 in a Tikka. Look closely for pressure as you work up though.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.