Looking for die purchase advice

I used RCBS dies FL and NS dies for to many years to count. I started out with C & H die for 300 H & H Mag. I load for 8 different calibers in 15 different rifles in those calibers and are RCBS dies. I am changing to Redding Bushing dies. If I was starting out today, I would get Redding Bushing Dies. A bullet seater I don't know if I need all the Redding seating dies. The reason for Redding Bushing dies is. I cut my necks for thickness. So my reloading stile is changing. So now I get to purchase new sizing dies. That means a FL die for each rifle, so the bump is set for that rifle. Now that going to set me back a long ways for dies. Seating dies presently I will use RCBS bullet seating dies. As you get into reloading more if wanting to do so, and how you reload, at least you can change the sizing of the neck, and change to whatever you want to in the years to come. Good luck and hope this help you.

If the bushing is bound up and not free floating then I would expect increased run out. But ... a free floating bushing shouldn't cause this. I own many Redding bushing dies and have never seen them cause an increase in run-out.
I tried everything to make that die (Redding bushing die) work. I really wanted to use that bushing die but no matter how it was configured it induced runout. I'd use the Forster die and the runout stayed the same or was less. Believe me, I tried everything. Therefore, I now only use Forster FL dies and if necessary have Forster hone them to a desired size.

Interesting to read the comments. I only have RCBS and Lee dies at the present time. Lee seems to be the least expensive and will continue to be my go to for basic reloading for my hunting rifles unless I break one or some other malfunction occurs. I would like to try a micrometer seating die to be a bit more precise when seating the bullets. Is there a best option for this for less than $100?
Redding! Period. Using Redding dies, Lapua brass and bullets (and Berger, too) I am able to produce sub-.4MOA consistently.... and with .3" of runout. Other brands may be comparable, but I know for sure that Redding dies work.

Redding! Period. Using Redding dies, Lapua brass and bullets (and Berger, too) I am able to produce sub-.4MOA consistently.... and with .3" of runout. Other brands may be comparable, but I know for sure that Redding dies work.
Like others, I've not been able to make bushing dies work. Full length only.

Im a huge fan of using a mandrel to set my neck size/tension. I typically just use a FL sizing die, remove the expander from it, use it to size my brass and bump shoulders just .002", and then using a mandrel to size the neck. It leaves very consistent and uniform tension/grip on the bullet and won't stretch out shoulders or induce neck runout like expands can or do. You can get by with lesser expensive dies this way too.

Interesting to read the comments. I only have RCBS and Lee dies at the present time. Lee seems to be the least expensive and will continue to be my go to for basic reloading for my hunting rifles unless I break one or some other malfunction occurs. I would like to try a micrometer seating die to be a bit more precise when seating the bullets. Is there a best option for this for less than $100?
Yes. Lyman made PA dies years ago. These are Precision Alignment dies. They are bushed and give top notch alignment of bullet and case. You can find them occasionally on eBay. PW made a seating fir with ultra fine adjustment and like a Vickerman die, you placed the bullet into a port on the die shaft and it was seated via a bushed neck collar. All of these are out there.

I use a Redding competition dies for my 338 LM. I also use the SAC neck bushing. What I found out with the SAC bushing. I had to go .001" smaller than normal to get my .002" neck tension. The bushings are coated, and are slippery. My neck run-out is around .0005" to .0025"

I use a Redding competition dies for my 338 LM. I also use the SAC neck bushing. What I found out with the SAC bushing. I had to go .001" smaller than normal to get my .002" neck tension. The bushings are coated, and are slippery. My neck run-out is around .0005"
Like others, I've not been able to make bushing dies work. Full length only.
Reference item #20.... I meant .0003" of runout..

If you want simple, affordable, and just plain works, get the Lee pacesetter die set. Then watch gunblue490's reloading videos on YouTube. That's what I would recommend to a beginner

I tend to believe those that recommend rcBS, lee, hornady, and the like don't measure runout and/or don't have the shooting skills to see the difference. There a few exceptions within the manufacturers named above like the lee collet die, custom order hornady, national match dies from rcBS. The regular off the shelf stuff is like BSA scopes.
I have repeatedly seen much better precision with more expensive dies. Forster, Redding, Whidden are some very well made dies. The cost difference is negligible when you factor in how long-term dies are.

I tend to believe those that recommend rcBS, lee, hornady, and the like don't measure runout and/or don't have the shooting skills to see the difference. There a few exceptions within the manufacturers named above like the lee collet die, custom order hornady, national match dies from rcBS. The regular off the shelf stuff is like BSA scopes.
I have repeatedly seen much better precision with more expensive dies. Forster, Redding, Whidden are some very well made dies. The cost difference is negligible when you factor in how long-term dies are.
Yes, not everyone needs to measure runout or need to produce loads for competition level shooting. I can take FL RCBS dies for most of the calibers I shoot and produce. 5 to 1 inch groups at 100 yards for hunting and general shooting....good enough for me without getting too anal about things....