Looking for die purchase advice

Since back in the 70's everyone I knew who hunted expected and commonly shot a legal buck out to 3-500 yards when that was the shot needed. Little did I know until the last craze we were Long Range Hunters forever. I have used RCBS and Redding standard dies for 40+ years for my rifles with great results. I would and still just add a neck sizer or get the three die set. I have tried a few of the Redding Bushing dies the last decade. For me and my accuracy wants (.5" or better and won't hunt with it if over .75" 100yd groups) I have seen almost no difference due to what die or seating die I used. Yes I can tweak and adjust more with the bushing dies, but pure accuracy results are very very close to the same. Bushing dies give about .1-.200" with some rifles but not all. Sure, custom dies and the high end micro adjustment dies offer more precision you just have to decide if the gain is worth the cost in dies and load development.

Both Redding and Forster dies are very good but after using both I prefer Forster FL dies. I tried bushing dies and my runout INCREASED. Forster FL sizing dies are better IMO because Forster offers a honing service so you can make your sizing die the exact diameter you want to avoid over sizing and excessive work hardening of the neck.

I have been using mostly rcbs dies my whole life with a few Hornady also. I am just your average Joe blow hunter/shooter and do not shoot competitively. These dies have served me well and these companies stand behind their products well.

I use both Whidden and Forster. There are some additional more expensive brands but as you can see on the above threads many options are available. You might start with Forster and as you decide this is an investment you want to make, work up to where you are satisfied with the consistency you will achieve. Precision hand loading is not an inexpensive pastime.

If the bushing is bound up and not free floating then I would expect increased run out. But ... a free floating bushing shouldn't cause this. I own many Redding bushing dies and have never seen them cause an increase in run-out.
I've seen it every time, but it is not much with good brass. 0.0025" or better.

I'm new to reloading and LRH going to start reloading my 338 lapua magnum. Looking for advice on what dies you guys would suggest to buy for loading LRH loads.
You ask a question with a lot of variables. Let's start with hunting. If this is for hunting then full length resizing may be best. Functionality is key if you have hundreds invested in a hunt. You don't need any chambering difficulties getting in the way. Assuming you are a proficient marksman, a good FL die set from RCBS will produce MOA capable ammo all day.

What if you are going to shoot competitively? Well, I can say for sure that many US military marksmen and snipers insist on Forrester presses and dies.

In Bench Rest, many competitors use Redding dies or the have RCBS custom shop make custom dies based on a chamber cast. Hornady, CH, and Redding will too.

I have dies from Bonanza, Pacific, Hornady, Lyman, RCBS, Redding and CH. All are excellent. I also have dies by Lee. They are not match grade but will produce moa ammo if I do my part. So, buy what you can afford. Shooting is also a mental confidence game. If you don't trust your equipment you will never shoot your best

Interesting to read the comments. I only have RCBS and Lee dies at the present time. Lee seems to be the least expensive and will continue to be my go to for basic reloading for my hunting rifles unless I break one or some other malfunction occurs. I would like to try a micrometer seating die to be a bit more precise when seating the bullets. Is there a best option for this for less than $100?