280AI die purchase.....HELP!!!

Elkwonder

Hey guys, I am gathering everything up to start to reload for my new Kimber montana in 280AI. I have not reloaded in about 20 years and just took possession of my new Rock chucker reloader. Now I need to order a set of dies tonight. What dies should I order and where should I get them? I see a lot of places carry the 280, but not the 280AI. Any help would be great, as I don't know if I should get redding or if I can get by fine with RCBS. Two or three die set????? Thanks for any help as I would like to get a set ordered tonight. Thanks

I went with the Redding competition seating die, and a Redding full length sizing die for my 280ai build (still coming)

I use RCBS dies for most of my other stuff, but I think the Redding dies are a bit better quality.

Right now I am leaning towards the Redding Deluxe Three die set for 137.99 at midway

That would be the set I would go for. I use the same Redding 3-die Deluxe sets for both my .25-06 AI and .30-06 AI. Also, I rarely use the FL sizing die once I get the brass formed. 99% of the time I neck-size the cases, and have not had an issue yet.

Is this the one you are talking about?

Redding Deluxe 3-Die Set 280 Remington Ackley Improved

Don't forget your shell holder...

Redding Shellholder #1 (308 Winchester 30-06 Springfield 45 ACP)

Thank you Mudrunner.....I am almost certain I would have forgot the shell holder....lol
And yes, that is the set I was looking at

The dies I like are

Lee Collet neck sizer in 280 Remington (yes it will work)

Lee Collet 2-Die Neck Sizer Set 280 Remington 7mm Express

put the seater in a drawer or throw away

Redding Body Die

Redding Body Die 280 Remington Ackley Improved 40-Degree Shoulder

Redding Comp Seater

Redding Competition Seater Die 280 Remington Ackley Improved 40-Degree

Neck size when you want to, push the shoulder back when you need to and excellent seater

this exact setup produces very straight ammo. I highly recommend this route.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.