Looking for a case trimmer to attach to a drill or motor but not crazy expensive

If it uses the shoulder for reference how does it trim shoulder-less rounds such as pistols rounds?
From the WFT website...... The WFT products trim shouldered/bottleneck cartridges only!

But, you could make an insert that would allow you to trim rimmed pistol brass. For straight wall rimless brass, you need something different.

Try the lee trimmer it doesn't get any cheaper and you cannot mess it up there are no adjustments

Second that

if you are referring to the lee precision cutter and stud with the interchangeable pilots , like the video below i might suggest you try the Lyman E-ZEE trim as well ,

i think you may find the clamping function not being attached to the drill, a huge difference in ease of use ... plus that sharp corner of the clamp rotating as you have to tighten up every piece of brass.. plus when you loosen it up sometimes the drill chuck come loose instead .. it works no doubt ... but it was such a difference
i ground down the other side to fit in my drill

20200222_085755.jpg

Last edited:
I use a forester original trimmer because I got a 3-1 head for most calibers I reload for, trim, debur and chamfer all in one motion. The forester also is quiet, it actually trims for the OVERALL case length and has all kinds of attachments.

Most trimmers I see use the shoulder datum to trim off of, my Frankford Arsenal powered unit does and I don't know about you all but there will be variance in sizing/shoulder set back all the time, so when you use the shoulder you will in turn have a variance in case length. Fft

I'm using the Forster Original case trimmer on my portable drill. Simply remove the handle by unscrewing it and put the shaft in the chuck of the drill. I also have the attachment for turning case necks and use the same process with the drill.
I have the same setup too . I recently purchased a Lyman power trimmer and it saves lots of time . I'll probably using both though.

Le Wilson trimmer is the most accurate I have used and micrometer adjustable has a drill attachment and squares the neck to the chamber / case head

the little crow WFT 2 is the way to go. I have used just about every trimmer out there, I have a great Forster's outfit. the little crow WFT2 has interchangable inserts now and I would chuck the Forster's outfit if little crow had all my cases I trim. I do have a WFT1 for my 270 WSM and it is hell on wheels when I need to trim. gets them done fast and easy.

Trim it II or Giraud Tri Way are excellent. You can buy collets for the Trim It for ~$25. Both can process ~15-20 pieces of brass/minute.

The Lee cutter and stud is the least expensive drill attached system and very easy. I have one for every cartridge that I load for. They work for straight-line cases and bottleneck. The Wilson/Sinclair unit is very accurate and I have the fixtures for all rifle cartridges I load for. The Little Crow is IMO is the best for me for bottleneck cartridges and I have 4 of them covering 5 cases. I also have a Franklin which is like the little crow and works just fine. The Little Crow gives a consistent neck length and if the shoulders on all the cases are the same and the OAL will be the same, the Lee and Wilson give consistent OAL of the case and the necks can be different. Some things in case preparation are a compromise, just understand what they are, measure everything and proceed accordingly. With your stated cost target, I would go with the Lee setup.

I use a drill operated WCT trimmer. Cost is only $23.50 and it trims +/- 0.001". Only down side is that it leaves rub mark on the bottle necks because it needs to rub against it to gauge correct neck length

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.