Looking for a case trimmer to attach to a drill or motor but not crazy expensive

I use the Lee they will make any length and diameter case mandrel you want if you call them and give them the measurements .

Checkout the Little Crow Gunworks trimmer. They have it on AMAZON. You still have to purchase adapters for each caliber. Used to have one but went to Wilson.

if you are referring to the lee precision cutter and stud with the interchangeable pilots , like the video below i might suggest you try the Lyman E-ZEE trim as well ,

i think you may find the clamping function not being attached to the drill, a huge difference in ease of use ... plus that sharp corner of the clamp rotating as you have to tighten up every piece of brass.. plus when you loosen it up sometimes the drill chuck come loose instead .. it works no doubt ... but it was such a difference
i ground down the other side to fit in my drill

View attachment 177296

Hi I clamp the cutter in my vise and spin the case in a drill

Sinclair stainless ultimate trimmer coupled w a power adapter.

Not the LE Wilson version. They are similar but the micrometer on the Sinclair is much nicer.

It's manual and the one that has a base, a very nice micrometer and a white synthetic puck to tap your cases on. Course you need caliber specific case holders as well.

I picked up the power adapter to replace the manual handle and use a power screw driver. Whoa brand new world !!!!

It has a small learning curve to hold the power tool correctly but once you do ...you can speed through 300 pieces of brass very fast.

The biggest plus is the cutter head ..... it's soo precise and cuts your neck mouth perfectly square and razor sharp. Barely have to chamfer and deburr.

I run it with a brass boss and couldn't be happier.

Check out these frankford platinum series trimmers at midway USA and their videos and see what you think. Excellent reviews on them.

However, I do believe that they are for bottleneck cases, but double check me on that. I have done little research and very well could be wrong on this matter. I just saw a couple of videos and was very impressed for the price point. Good luck.

Last edited:
I bought the Lyman "orange" trimer that has both hand crank and drill attachment shafts at a really good sale price from Midway a few years ago. This is the trimmer that you do not need shell holders to use. You just stick the case in a collet and pull a little leaver and it grabs the base of the case. I wore out one of the cheaper Lyman trimers that I bought the drill attachment shaft to replace the hand crank one that I used for about 25 years.

I mounted my trimmer onto a piece of composite decking board and I can C-clamp this board to my loading bench. I then stack up two of the plastic cartridge trays that come in factory 9mm ammo boxes on top of a piece of 2x4 wood. I place my hand drill on it's side with the handle with trigger facing me on top of the stack and tighten the trimmer shaft end in the chuck of the drill. This stack supports the drill and does not put much if any downward force on the shaft and the plastic of the trays, bottom side up, allows the drill to slide back and forth smoothly. I pull the drill trigger with my thumb and control the drill movement back and forth with no strain on my hand grasping the drill handle.
Pretty much exactly what I have been doing for 30 years except I just C clamp the trimmer directly to the bench.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.