looking for 2506 loads

lee31

I just bought a 2506 in a savage 112 fvss looking for some load data thinking of shoot 115 bt's maybe bergers or 120 sierras . Any info would be appreciated.

I got great accuracy and velocity with the 115gn Bergers, BR2's and Retumbo. This load was sub-MOA out to 700yds. Far as I tried it for targets and I only took two whiletails with this load, 8pt @ 315yds and doe @ 200yds. Both did the death run, with tail spinning, for 30yds and tripped over their noses. Good shooting. JohnnyK.

I have had my best luck with the 115 bergers using IMR 4350.1/4 inch groups at 200 meters.I have not tried them any farther yet

So you are the lucky dog. That's a nice rifle. I don't think Savage makes those anymore. A Savage varmint long action is nice. Lots of future possibilities with that.

Anyway... In the Nosler reloaders guide, and I believe on their website too, they have a load for the 110 Accubond and Retumbo. It is a FAST and accurate load. I shoot it in my Savage 116 25-06 and can shoot three touching at 100 yards and usually two touching at 200. Most folks are surprised how good Retumbo shoots in a 25-06 with heavy bullets. But you just have to consider that is somewhat over bore and that's why it works so well.

Good luck with that rifle, its a shooter, I'm sure.

So you are the lucky dog. That's a nice rifle. I don't think Savage makes those anymore. A Savage varmint long action is nice. Lots of future possibilities with that.

Anyway... In the Nosler reloaders guide, and I believe on their website too, they have a load for the 110 Accubond and Retumbo. It is a FAST and accurate load. I shoot it in my Savage 116 25-06 and can shoot three touching at 100 yards and usually two touching at 200. Most folks are surprised how good Retumbo shoots in a 25-06 with heavy bullets. But you just have to consider that is somewhat over bore and that's why it works so well.

Good luck with that rifle, its a shooter, I'm sure.
Thanks I will keep the retumbo in mind. It shoots great out of my 264 WIN

Here's the load that has shot well in my .25-06.

Winchester Brass
Fed. 210M
51-52 grs H4831
Berger 115
Seated to just barely touch the rifling.

Here's the load that has shot well in my .25-06.

Winchester Brass
Fed. 210M
51-52 grs H4831
Berger 115
Seated to just barely touch the rifling.

If that does not shoot work up to 49 grs IMR or AA 4350 and use a CCI 250 mag primer. I have learned to NEVER load a bullet close to the lands for hunting ammo. Bullets can pull forward under recoil while in the magazine and then if you do not shoot that round after you chamber it when you go to extract that round the bullet can and will stick in the bore and dump your action full of powder. Been there and done that. Ballistic tips shoot well 10 to 20 thousands off the lands.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.