Look what happened to my Magnetospeed

I have never seen an obstruction that didn`t result in catastrophic failure. Only thing I can figure, is the cleaning rod must have been touching the tip of the bullet. how was bolt lift after the shot? Pressure must have been insane!

I have never seen an obstruction that didn`t result in catastrophic failure. Only thing I can figure, is the cleaning rod must have been touching the tip of the bullet. how was bolt lift after the shot? Pressure must have been insane!
The rifle is a Ruger 77 in 270 Win (22 inch barrel) that I bought in the early '80s. While setting up the MagnetoSpeed, the rod was sticking out of the barrel about 6 or more inches, so wouldn't have been touching the bullet. The bolt was not sticky. I had ejected the case before reading the monitor and noticing the rod was missing. I assumed the barrel was damaged, but it looked clear and a gun smith friend told me to fill the barrel with Hoppes #9 and let it soak over night, then run a brass brush through it 10 times, then dry patches until dry and clean. Then fire 3 fouling shots, then proceed to check grouping. I did all of that and although it fired normally, the groups were still centered but the spread was about 2 to 3 inches at 100 yards, where they used to be about a half inch. This isn't my main hunting rifle now days, but I was considering rebarreling. However, after some experimenting I found a load that groups about 2 inches at 200 yards, so I will keep it as is. Just very lucky overall. This could have been a disaster.