LongRifles Inc.

WesB

I wanted to share with you my new rifle built by Chad Dixon aka Nesikachad. Like many of you I followed Chad's posts while he was in Iraq. I contacted him as soon as he returned to the states. After that first phone conversation my head was spinning with information overload, but I immediately knew Chad was the gunsmith I was looking for. I had previously spoken with some of the top gunsmiths only to be left feeling like I was waisting their time with my newbie questions. Chad on the other hand was more then willing to answer all of my questions, share ideas, and explain everything in more detail then I could understand. His customer service is beyond compare, he kept me informed every step of the way with phone calls and photos. When he discovered a small cosmetic flaw in one of the components that didn't meet his standards he contacted the manufacture and had a new part shipped out. Photos do not do justice to this rifle. The fit and finish is superb, every line and detail is perfect, it looks like it grew together. Any one considering having a custom rifle built , look no farther then LongRifles Inc.
Wes
from this
DSC_0040.jpg

to this
DSC_00732.jpg

Rifle1.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

Rifle7.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! Looks similar to what I have in mind to have built. The action and barrel fit look excellent. Can you tell me what stock that is you used, and did Chad do all of the inletting on it? On his site, he says that he'll only build on stocks that are "free of any/all finish and inletting work". If he did that for your stock, he did some **** fine work.

The stock is a McMillan Remington Hunter with the edge technology. Chad did all of the inletting. As I said in my first post pictures do not do justice to this rifle. All of the inletting follows the metal perfectly and is ballanced, no gaps anywhere. Chad also spent a lot of time hand sanding the stock to smooth the transition from stock to metal . This is my second custom rifle. The fit and finish between this rifle and the first is like night and day. The first was inletted by McMillan and assembled by the gunsmith. There were large gaps around all of the metal. The ejection port of the stock was shorter then the port on the action, and the gunsmith made no attempt to clean it up. I was extremely disappointed in the finished product. It's obvious that Chad takes great pride in his work.
Wes
DSC_00172.jpg

DSC_00202.jpg

DSC_00232.jpg

DSC_00013.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

Last edited:
Your LongRifles Inc. rifle looks like it was genetically engineered and grew into a full-fledged rifle, as designed. No detail overlooked!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.