Longrangish Hammer bullet shots

It is soooo hard to leave standard reloading and terminal concepts at door. It took me a while and I look back at how many bullets, powder, primers and brass life I WASTED until I threw out my previous concepts to max out the Hammers. Once đź’ˇclicked on, I started to "see" their potential. This resulted in my .270TH build just for the 156HH. And it paid off with superb accuracy and now I need to test out on bull 2nd season CO!
It is hard to clear your mind and many will never grasp a hold of it but man once you do it awesome, @dougduey pestered me for 2 years to try Hammers and I just blew him off but his persistence finally got to me, It's been a game changer for me

Ok, ok, ok, I'm in. I think they'd be a great bullet for my needs here where I hunt. I won't have any loaded for this year even if they show up fast. Too many irons in the fire this fall. I'll give a few coyotes a bad day tho this winter with some.
The lights came on years ago when I would hold up a 120 gr Barnes next too a 140 gr cup and core and they where the same length I used too think Barnes was the best thing since sliced bread 4 big pluses for Hammers they are very acc foul less produce more vel and expand the way they were designed at a longer distance with less velocity a higher impact velocity is always better with any mono that's the Glory in stepping down in bullet weight all that velocity gain I've been loading a long time and can't think of a better bullet for hunting

The lights came on years ago when I would hold up a 120 gr Barnes next too a 140 gr cup and core and they where the same length I used too think Barnes was the best thing since sliced bread 4 big pluses for Hammers they are very acc foul less produce more vel and expand the way they were designed at a longer distance with less velocity a higher impact velocity is always better with any mono that's the Glory in stepping down in bullet weight all that velocity gain I've been loading a long time and can't think of a better bullet for hunting
Great review, appreciate it.

I will tell you that if you follow the load prep steps, you can have a load ready pretty fast. Once I "followed" the steps BETTER, it was amazingly fast to final load. Just a mention they do not require standard cup n core time to finalize.

I will tell you that if you follow the load prep steps, you can have a load ready pretty fast. Once I "followed" the steps BETTER, it was amazingly fast to final load. Just a mention they do not require standard cup n core time to finalize.
Explain "Cup and Core time to finalize" please. Is that a seat testing step removed ?

I meant s standard cup n core bullet typically takes more time and more loads to get to final load. Sorry doing too many things at same time.

I meant s standard cup n core bullet typically takes more time and more loads to get to final load. Sorry doing too many things at same time.
Good to know. I spent 6 hours at the range yesterday on 3 different bullets and loads. I checked out that spreadsheet that Hammer bullets had on various loads for various cartridges. Found one to start with for the 121 HH

Use faster powders than you would for comparable weight bullets is usual approach. Where I had to get past was load steps in 1 grain to get close to pressure than back off grain. I now run up loads by 1 grain increments until I feel where 0.5 grain starts to makes sense. If I don't see pressure, I just jump the 0.5 grain increment. This process works for me but everyone needs to find their own path. Think I heard that in Kung Fu.

Good to know. I spent 6 hours at the range yesterday on 3 different bullets and loads. I checked out that spreadsheet that Hammer bullets had on various loads for various cartridges. Found one to start with for the 121 HH
We can have you a load ready to go hunting in 10 shot's

I Concur

I shot my 3rd animal of the season this morning, two doe antelope and a mule deer buck, all with 30 cal 199 grn Hammer Hunters. Each was a chest shot. All 3 ran a short distance and piled up. Each bullet made a small exit hole in each animal. I'm concerned about losing an animal with a marginal shot since its evident most of the energy is going out the other side with the bullet. I shot my buck antelope with a 30 cal 180 Accubond. That thing had a large exit wound and was dead before it fell over. Just an observation, but a concern as I've been using 180 grn Accubonds for almost 20 years. They always leave a large exit wound and most animals I've shot just fall over. I will say the Hammer's are extremely accurate. Just to be safe, when I go elk hunting later this month, I'm taking my 338 Edge with 300 grn Bergers...
Hey bud. I can tell you from personal experience that you will actually lose an animal more quickly due to a marginal shot with conventionals than you will with the same in a Hammer. Lighter and faster is definitely the ticket. The rules just change when you go to these lathe-turned monos. The controlled entrance/exit holes are a good thing as it means the bullet did what it was supposed to and was terminally stable. It also means that when you pop one of them into a big bull elk, it'll do the same thing. Full penetration, but setting off the dynamite in the boiler room. The only gauge you need on that is "what did it do on the inside where it really counts?" My experience with the 6.5 124's is that it is absolutely impressive. That's why your animals just went a short distance. My young son did a 424 yd poke at a doe with my 6.5/284 last year. He hit it too far back, but one or more of the petals spread out enough to catch the lungs and dropped her as fast as a normal shot. Cheers to your success, my friend. Don't walk away from the gold...er copper rather.