Long Range Varmint Hunting Video Clip

Kevin Cram

Originally posted HERE

I just purchased some editing software to put our long range hunts together with. Out of the box and within 1 hour I quickly put a little 2 min video together. I have lots of long range video from wood chucks, pigeons, deer and bear, all taken beyond 500 yards. Hope to have more in time. Thanks for watching.

YouTube - Long Range Varmint Hunting

Last edited:
Video

I left 2 forums dealing with hunting because the idiots were into camoflauge, scents, callers etc. I am a purist, you get a bloody rifle that can do the trick and shoot where possible but under known conditions. I was called an elitist and every name you can imagine. Shooting at the distances you are is very impressive

Cool video. I like the "Last of the Mohican's" theme in there. Got any of the long range stuff like you were talking about?? :D

Sorry, just realized you weren't the original guy to post. Montour - got any more stuff??

Last edited:
drbob I hear that I was asking a question about optics for long range hunting and got so ostercised for my "poor, or rather lack of hunting ethics" that I finally stopped posting. People just dont understand what can be accomplished ethically and repeatably practice and quality equipment.

In some of the shots the vapor trail is very clear, but not on the first shot.
Where is the best camera location for the vapor trail to be seen?

Thanks for sharing the video, and great shooting.

edge.

In some of the shots the vapor trail is very clear, but not on the first shot.
Where is the best camera location for the vapor trail to be seen?

Thanks for sharing the video, and great shooting.

edge.

Directly behind the shooter, over the shoulder. Cool, still mornings are the best in my experience.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.