Long Range Hunting Build Question: Need Help!

Wanting to leverage the community knowledge…looking at modifying my Remington 700 chambered in .308 Win to be more of a "longer range" hunting setup. I handload so I'll be able to juice up the velocity but I'm really interested in y'all's opinion on a good stock. I was looking at possibly a AG Composites carbon fiber stock but that's some serious $$$$ however it seems like they just released a new fiberglass stock option that's WAYYYY cheaper than the carbon fiber version. What are y'all's thoughts on it? Also might start dabbling in the NRL Hunter competitions with this rifle.

It would definitely depend on what your after. I've got a McMillan a3 with the standard fill on a 7-08 and it's heavy . It was supposed to be edge fill and lighter but got messed up .Then I've also got a Manners lrh carbon fiber and it's light as I wanted a lighter rifle . The 7-08 is probably 15 lbs and the 280ai is going to be around 9- 9.5 so definitely depends on what your after .
The ag stocks are nice and I almost went that route and ordered one .
Don't let $$$ dictate what you buy ! If it fits your build and cost a little more it's just a little longer to save up the $$ and know your happy with your choice.

If you don't want to spend the $$ on an AG Composites, Manners, or McMillan, and you want it in less time, this is the option for you:

They post discount codes on Rokslide pretty regularly. I have a version of that stock coming for a Savage that I paid less than $400 for using the discount code and getting free shipping.

What are your primary intentions for the rifle? Packing up and down mountains or hunting from a deer stand and target shooting? If you're not looking to pack it up and down mountains, I'd go for a little heavier than all carbon. Ultralight rifles are harder to shoot, and kick more. The fiberglass option from AG is 8oz heavier. I have one on order. Reviews from SHOT show are good.

AG Composite are good stocks, the fit and finish are tight, they are cheaper than Manners and McMillan, when comparing Apple's to Apple's. I will ask, before you start have you started load development and finding the best you can get out of the rifle at this time? This would answer a lot of your questions before you jump into changing out stocks.

Putting a lot of money into the barrel and action is a good choice.....depending if you want to pack the same 'rifle' hunting or 'club shooting'......could be as easy as two different stocks.....
Heavy for the range....light in the field....same load may shoot good from each stock......
Bite the Bullet

What's your budget? If you are saying ag comps are too much then what are you will to spend?
Not sure what the budget has to do with getting people's opinions on aftermarket stocks they've actually used and have experience with. If the majority of responses lean heavily to one brand over another then I would save up the money necessary to go that route. Just gathering opinions and feedback from people who have already gone down this road.

It would definitely depend on what your after. I've got a McMillan a3 with the standard fill on a 7-08 and it's heavy . It was supposed to be edge fill and lighter but got messed up .Then I've also got a Manners lrh carbon fiber and it's light as I wanted a lighter rifle . The 7-08 is probably 15 lbs and the 280ai is going to be around 9- 9.5 so definitely depends on what your after .
The ag stocks are nice and I almost went that route and ordered one .
Don't let $$$ dictate what you buy ! If it fits your build and cost a little more it's just a little longer to save up the $$ and know your happy with your choice.
I would say somewhere in the 9-9.5lbs range seems like a decent compromise on weight that I would feel comfortable toting around. I hunt a lot of public land and can do some walking so I don't think I would like anything over that 9.5lbs mark.