Long gun carry options

Here is Cassandra with the Eberestock. Her and I both like it!
cassandra 2020.jpg

For long hikes I have tried lots of options and won't use anything other than the Kifaru gun bearer. I once hiked 20 miles in it in a single day and didn't have a single complaint. It is very quick to get the rifle up and is a lot easier to protect the rifle if you fall. I never found it uncomfortable in any way. I use this both with and without trekking poles.

For shorter hikes I walk with the gun flat across my chest and barrel down. To do this I mount a sling to the side of the rifle. The forward sling is mounted on the right and the rear is mounted on the left. I use a magpul sling with a qd mount on both ends. This gives me the ability to comfortably carry the rifle and still bring it up very quickly. It is plenty comfortable for a 1/4 mile or so and has no negatives I have found other than dragging the barrel in the snow if the snow is deeper than my knees.

I just purchased an Eberlestock M5 Team Elk Pack. Comes with a built in rifle and bow scabbard.

I just purchased an Eberlestock M5 Team Elk Pack. Comes with a built in rifle scabbard.

I have one, You'll Love It

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.