Loads wanted for 6.5-284 Norma

kiongozi

Can anyone help with suggested loads for the 6.5-284 Norma with either

120 TSX or 130 accubonds?

The only Barnes data for 120 grain I have is from the Barnes #3 Manual and those loads suppose the use of the "X" or XLC coated bullets only.

I have both Norma and Lapua brass and Fed 210 Gold Medal primers and pretty well most of the same powders you have in the USA.

Overall cartridge length is not a problem as both the magazine and throat length will accomodate 142 SMK's seating far out of the case mouth.

The barrel is a 26" Krieger but top velocity is not the main objective.

Is there a "sweet spot" for bullet jump for Accubonds. I tend to run TSX in other calibres from .050 -.060 Jump and SMK's round about .010" but have no experience with Accubond?

Many thanks

Jonathan

Hey, I'm looking for the same info and was curious if you ever found a good load. I have little doubt the 140s are better ballistically, but I prefer the 120 grain triple shock for its on game performance. Never been a fan of the bonded 130s, Nosler or Swift.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.