load variations

With the 140AB/rl25 load I was trying to get decent speed/accuracy with the pressure slightly reduced (from 7827, etc.) for rifle and brass longevity.
The 195-196 grain bullets have been very flaky in this rifle accuracy wise (I thought I had a load with rl33 and the 195 Berger but it fell apart when the weather cooled off). I was simply trying to get enough speed but get the pressure off a bit earlier to control any bullet yaw enhanced by exit pressure. I wasn't really caring about barrel/ brass lifespan in a load I only planned to shoot a few times a year, but I may have to just forget the heavy bullet ballgame in this rifle; I have a few other rifles doing well with heavy bullets and this rifle seems to loath them.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your intent with the big pill?
I started with 140 Barnes went to 150 Barnes and now 145 LRX, if everything holds up at 3 & 600 yards I'll stop there and stock up. Like you've stated before what it hits goes down.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your intent with the big pill?
I started with 140 Barnes went to 150 Barnes and now 145 LRX, if everything holds up at 3 & 600 yards I'll stop there and stock up. Like you've stated before what it hits goes down.
1,000 yard + work with a 7mm... a 140-150 poops out by then and the 180 sierra that my 7rum eats is a bit stiff of a bullet for critters...

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.