Load Developement 6.5 Creedmoor

Greg Duerr

Im all done with my load development for my Custom 6.5 Creedmoor. I'm using that new Lapua Brass with the small primer pocket and using Federal 205 Match primers. Settled on 42.4gr of H4350 and the 140gr VLD Hunting bullet with a COAL of 2.815
Shoots five @ .386 and did a group at 200yds yesterday that was .813
Will be trying it out in November outside of Kaycee, Wyoming for Antelope. Will be coming back from a North Dakota Pheasant Hunting Trip and have permission to hunt a Ranch in the area for two Doe Antelope.
My last Antelope was taken with the Barnes 127gr LRX in the same Rifle. Ive never used the Berger Hunting bullet. My son shot a Black Bear with a .243 shooting a 95gr Berger. Dropped at the shot from 211 yards. Lungs were messed up really bad, I was impressed.
The only concern is that I heard that it can be really cold in Wyoming in November...........
Well, thats half the fun being super cold and trying to hit something.

Im all done with my load development for my Custom 6.5 Creedmoor. I'm using that new Lapua Brass with the small primer pocket and using Federal 205 Match primers. Settled on 42.4gr of H4350 and the 140gr VLD Hunting bullet with a COAL of 2.815
Shoots five @ .386 and did a group at 200yds yesterday that was .813
Will be trying it out in November outside of Kaycee, Wyoming for Antelope. Will be coming back from a North Dakota Pheasant Hunting Trip and have permission to hunt a Ranch in the area for two Doe Antelope.
My last Antelope was taken with the Barnes 127gr LRX in the same Rifle. Ive never used the Berger Hunting bullet. My son shot a Black Bear with a .243 shooting a 95gr Berger. Dropped at the shot from 211 yards. Lungs were messed up really bad, I was impressed.
The only concern is that I heard that it can be really cold in Wyoming in November...........

Before I became a Christian the only sin I knew of was being cold. Burrrrrr!

It could honestly go either way. it could be 55 and sunny or -20 and snowing like nobodies business. Been here 35yrs and still have no idea what the weather will bring tomorrow lol Best of luck on your goat hunt!

t

It could honestly go either way. it could be 55 and sunny or -20 and snowing like nobodies business. Been here 35yrs and still have no idea what the weather will bring tomorrow lol Best of luck on your goat hunt!

t

Get the right Chinook winds and it can swing that far from one day to the next.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts