load data for 7mm LRM

another trip to the range another kick in the cods

this target is shot at 100 yds 71 H-1000 still a little sticky bolt lift and some minor extractor marks, calling bs on gunwerks 72.8 load

this target is shot .040 off lands 180 berger vld gm210M primer, .001 neck tension

Yeah after what Im seeing and hearing from you and my buddy building mine, I agree BS on Gunwerks advertised 72.4-72.8 loads at 3100fps

I think a big part of my accuracy issues is me, my bipod was hoping on the bench. Will work on that before I bad mouth any more

Oh Im not saying their guns cant shoot at al,l Im just saying their 3100fps advertised load is BS. I know this is a very accurate cartridge. Hope you figure it out keep us posted.

I think a big part of my accuracy issues is me, my bipod was hoping on the bench. Will work on that before I bad mouth any more

If I put my rifle in a "lead sled" it shoots bug holes at my 200yd zero. Shooting with a bi pod and a solid rear bag gets me 1/2-3/4" at the same distance. If you are using a Harris make sure you are at least on the first notch out or you will have about 5/8" spring from the legs.
My numbers are not BS!

im sure your numbers are not bs . i just shot 10 rounds today with 71 grains still sticky bolt, guess i will go down to 70 grains that will put me at less than 3000 fps with a 27" tube. call it whay you will . i could overlook it if it would shoot, here is a 100 yd group with my new nemesis 7lrm off bags

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 133
heres 308 group just trying to convince myself its not me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 137
heres 308 group just trying to convince myself its not me

Well sh!t! Looks like you can shoot your 308 just fine. My set up would shoot less than moa with all loads during break in. In fact with the original 375 Ruger headstamp brass that was originally hydro formed by Gunwerks I was reaching over 3200 fps with 73.6 grs of H1000, .020" bullet jump. I had to decrease powder charge after initial fire forming due to pressure signs.

im swiching to 215 primer i was using gm210s because i was out of gm215s im sure that will give me a little speed. spoke with gunwerks said they are shooting the hybrids to get that speed which i thought was weird, there advise was to shoot less powder maybe my barrel likes a node down there, loading 68.5 69 69.5 and 70 all .020 off maybe go freeze tomorrow and try it again

You could switch powder.

Using Retumbo I gained approx. 95 fps going from most accurate load with H-1000 which was 74 gr to 77 grs of Retumbo using 180 hybrid and 26" barrel. (7mm/375 )

Just received 8 lbs of US 869 and will be trying that next. 869 out performed Retumbo by 112 fps on Hogdon's load data page with 7 STW and 180s.

RL-33 will get you more velocity too.

Just had oh crap moment, I initially gauged my seating depth by seating bullets and trying them in gun with bolt spring out. With Sinclair comparator I got 3.745 on lands 180 berger vld. Well I got a modified case from gunwerks that they tap for hornady oal gauge. According to it on lands is 3.725. So maybe some of my pressure issues were the fact I was on the lands with some loads.

Not to be calling you out on your shooting technique. Your groups look like you are not using enough shoulder pressure. I also did not notice a break. I do all my load tuning of a bi-pod and rear rest. When stepping up to the larger cases and bullets you have to hold them tight and consistent. I'm not saying that it is not the load just something to look at.

I appreciate that, I tried to use more shoulder pressure today, it's hard for me to find the right balance between shoulder pressure and pulling the stock into my shoulder

It defiantly takes a bit to get figured out. I know when I tune up the bigger cartridges with heavy bullets and no break, I have to really concentrate on my form. I always like to dry fire a few times first. Also when pulling back tight slowly let up pressure and watch your cross hairs, if they go left or right most likely so will you POI.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.