Need load data for 7mm RUM

chickm1

I have a Remington Mod 700 with a26" SS barrel. I was shooting factory Rem Premier loads with 140 gr Core Lokt ultra bonded bullets, and it shot great, but now that Remington has discontinued all the Premier loadings, I am stuck with loading for this rifle again. I have not been able to find a combination that would group better than 2" at 100 yds. Most of my shots are less than 200 yards, with a max of 350 yards. Do any of you have a load with the 140 gr bullet that groups well out of your Mod 700 really well?

I have a Remington Mod 700 with a26" SS barrel. I was shooting factory Rem Premier loads with 140 gr Core Lokt ultra bonded bullets, and it shot great, but now that Remington has discontinued all the Premier loadings, I am stuck with loading for this rifle again. I have not been able to find a combination that would group better than 2" at 100 yds. Most of my shots are less than 200 yards, with a max of 350 yards. Do any of you have a load with the 140 gr bullet that groups well out of your Mod 700 really well?

Got the Remington 700 sps stainelss in 7 RUM, 160 gr partitions and IMR 7828 come to mind I will have to check my record book but we were able to get 1/2 Moa at 100 yards with this combo did not have a lot of time before the Hunt started so we needed something put together quickly and wound up with this. As soon as I check the book I will let you know the load and some more of what I was able to do with the 140s. gun)

Thanks, I don't need the 160s, although everyone tells me the heavier bullets work better with this rifle and cartridge. I tried some 7828, but could not find a powder/bullet combo that would work for me.

We've run the 140 sierra pro hunter and 140 nos accubond over rl22 and rl25 with the 7rum to good effect. My longest kills are in fact with rl25 and the 140 sierra pro hunter out of a 7rum...
My brother's 7rum is currently shooting a 150 grain blem bullet from Midway with a healthy dose of retumbo under it. I won't say how fast it is going (it is fast enough I've told him to slow it down) but it shoots well and hits hard.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.