7mm Mag need load data

bjohnson_7

I need some loading data for 140 gr Accubond and 145 gr speer spitzer. I will be using Nosler brass and Federal 215 primers. Not sure of the powder yet probably RL 22 but if something produces more accurate loads please inform me. Looking for around 3100 fps but 3000 is acceptable. Need an accurate load for both rounds. Thanks guys.

I haven't used the 140's in my 7mm mag, I shoot the 160 AB because of the better BC. I am using H1000 and federal 215's.
You would probably want a faster powder for the 140's. Try H4831sc if RL22 doesn't work out.
I am getting 3080 fps with the 160's in a 26" barrel. You should get 3100 maybe 3200 depending on barrel length.

Stu.

the load my gun liked with the 140gr accubond was 64.5gr rl22. the load could be loaded faster but accuracy wise this worked the best for my gun.

My 7mag. really likes 69.5grs of Reloader-22 with a 140gr bullet.I'm getting 3200fps with no pressure signs and one ragged hole groups.Do a ladder test and find out were yours sweets spots.Just start with a lower charge and keep working up groups with 1/2 grain increments.Watch your pressure signs and if your rifles a shooter you should be able to find your best group.

Yes the IMR-4350 is also a great powder.I used it for 15yrs in my 7mag and it served me well.My Pet Load for my rifles is 65.0grs with 140-150gr bullets,for velocities of 3200+fps.My case life with this powder is excellent too.

bjohnson_7,
I've never shot the 140/145 gn bullets much, have always leaned on the 150gn for hunting. That said, I used 67.0gn of RL22 with the BR2 primer for most of my hunting/targets with the 150gn Ballistic Tip. This load produced 1/4" groups @ 3150fps (approx) in the 7mm Rem Mag Sendero that I had.
I tried this same load in the 700P (7Mag) that I now have and it wasn't quiet as accurate (3/4"). I switched over to IMR4350 (same bullet) and Rem 9.5M primers. I'm a half a grain over Noslers max load and getting an average of 3211fps! This load seems to work well within my rifles pressure envelope and accuracy is phenomenal.
I have a friend in N.C. that swears by the 140gn AccuBond in the 7Mag. He has dumped alot of bucks, and some big ones I might add, with this bullet. He and I were talking and I told him my thoughts on going to the 160gn AB and he said the only reason he would do that would be for big bears where he hunts at. He's convinced and satisfied with the 140gn AB in the 7Mag. JohnnyK.

7mmclub and baldhunter have good advice. I shoot Imr 4350 62.7 for accuracy been using it for 30 years with excellent results.

For the 140 gr bullet in 7mm Rem Mag, Hogdon is showing their
new Hybred 100 V to have the highest velocity along with
Winchester Supreme 780.

In the Alliant load book for 140 gr, they show the RL-25 to have
the highest velocity.

Dont know about accuracy but I would be trying their most efficient
powders for accuracy before I would start giving up velocity.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts