Limited Entry Utah Bull @ 834 yards.

Great bull and one of my favorite cartridges.

Not to split hairs, but there isn't a unit in the state that takes over 18 years to draw…not sure why it took 40 years.
Evidently you don't live in my home state. Mathematically they had to give it to me with the point system. Max points I believe is 29. I started applying for elk before points, and took a break for a pronghorn I needed. Yes, I've been dreaming of this for more than 40, Im 56. I drew a Mountain Goat, Antelope, and a LE Deer as well. So there ya have it. I may have missed a year or two while in the army, due to training. Wasn't trying to mislead you.

Evidently you don't live in my home state. Mathematically they had to give it to me with the point system. Max points I believe is 29. I started applying for elk before points, and took a break for a pronghorn I needed. Yes, I've been dreaming of this for more than 40, Im 56. I drew a Mountain Goat, Antelope, and a LE Deer as well. So there ya have it. I may have missed a year or two while in the army, due to training. Wasn't trying to mislead you.
I misread your post a bit the first time. No, I didn't apply for 40 years in a row. It had some breaks in it for airborne school one year, other army related absences, and I drew other tags, but I've always dreamt of hunting LE Elk in Utah. I had almost 30 points.