Bull elk @1302 yards....

If I remember correctly, the bullet had a little over 1500 ft/lbs upon impact. I would run it on my computer right now to give you an exact answer but it is charging right now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yeah, for awhile I thought those bears were headed straight for 7mmrhb. They must have changed their mind about eating him when they got a whiff of spinach!! (inside joke) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Being you got a body, and pictures, I'll have give give ya this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Yes we had a body. Lots of body. About 700 pounds of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Here is a pic of the gun:
newstock1.jpg

I had either forgotten or just realized you are a southpaw.
Good to know there is another lefty on the forum.
You must have some good conditioning to be hauling all that weight. Makes it more fun when you are in good condition. Beautiful rig and thanks for helping a fellow hunter make an amazing shot and great bull to boot.
Good to see all the team effort. It is defintely the best and most enjoyable way to do it.

How about a few details on the Thunder. Looks like one bad boy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
If I remember correctly, the bullet had a little over 1500 ft/lbs upon impact. I would run it on my computer right now to give you an exact answer but it is charging right now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for answering /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
To all who have responded and to those who will:

Thank you for your kind words. I hope it was a post that was as fun to read as it was to be in the hunt.

Since there were and will probably be many more questions, I will try to answer each briefly.

Thanks again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

GG,

Were you able to recover the 225 gr AB?

JD338

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.