Like and/or dislikes Tikka t3x?

Lee7588

I'm thinking of buying a Tikka t3x not because I have room in the safes,.I'll have to rearrange some things to fit it in. Do any of y'all have any dislikes about the T3X? And what are the likes about the T3X? I'm looking at this rifle to shoot for a little bit and then rent the barrel change out the stock and make it into a caliber that is an offered, not sure which one yet.

Love the action. Great platform to build on.

The barrels are a little thin to thread for a suppressor and I am not a fan of the stocks. I had a 300wm super lite and it pounded me pretty good. I really like the AG composite alpine hunter as a replacement.

I'm thinking of buying a Tikka t3x not because I have room in the safes,.I'll have to rearrange some things to fit it in. Do any of y'all have any dislikes about the T3X? And what are the likes about the T3X? I'm looking at this rifle to shoot for a little bit and then rent the barrel change out the stock and make it into a caliber that is an offered, not sure which one yet.
My only dislike is I do not have one yet. 😇

Love the action. Great platform to build on.

The barrels are a little thin to thread for a suppressor and I am not a fan of the stocks. I had a 300wm super lite and it pounded me pretty good. I really like the AG composite alpine hunter as a replacement.
That is what I have in mind, shooting the factory for a bit, then swapping out the stock and barrel.

I argue with my buddies all the time. They spend thousands on custom actions. I defend tikkas. They are awesome for what you pay. Some dislike the stock, but they are actually pretty good with only an updated recoil pad.

Aftermarket stocks available if you want. Can easily get pre-fit barrels later if you want to change things up.

Actions are all LA (bolt stop and mag changes between cartridges) which leaves a lot of flexibility in the future. The actions are about the same weight as savage and rem SA as well so light for what you get.

Triggers are good (spring add can drop weight if you want for $5).

And have about the lightest bottom metal setup available, if you don't mind plastic. I've never had an issue.

Overall solid.

We have, 4 in my Family,. .243 Win, 6.5 Creed, 7 MM-08 and .270 WSM and they, ALL,.."Shoot"
Add, a LimbsSaver Recoil Pad, a Trigger spring ( If, desired ) and some sort of Cheek riser to get your Eye up to, Scope Level.
I use Burris Zee Rings "Lapped" on top of, Weaver Bases, Loctited down.
I used to Build, Custom Rifles years ago and Unless, your carrying, a Bench into, the Back Country, there's NO need to, spend more as,..
Tikka Rifles,.. "Get IT,.. Done" !

Last edited:
My Tikka rifles all shoot well. The factory stocks aren't the best, but there are plenty of options around. Great triggers out of the box and even better with a $10 trigger spring.

I tossed a Tikka .223 CTR in a KRG Bravo and it's one of my favorite rifles to shoot. Near zero recoil, very comfortable, and stupid accurate.

758B7517-FFA6-43F3-98F3-6F0E5D9DBB76.jpeg

B4C3FEC5-30F3-4B75-AF91-9239313AE6BB.jpeg

B34D5877-5D32-49E4-B5BF-C838E87D6885.jpeg

IMHO, the Tikka is all-around a pretty good rifle. Just a little light in the heavier calibers is the only downside for me - may not be an issue for you.
Yup,. 7 mm Rem Mag or, .270 WSM will give you Plenty of Recoil and My personal Maximum Cartridges, in Tikka's, without, Brakes !
The .300 Mags are, "Brutal," .. If,.. UN -Braked, in a 7.5 to 8 pound ( Scoped ) rifle for sure.

Last edited: