Lija barrel pricing question

jrg_80

I've come across a .264/6.5 Lilja 3G 26" fluted SS barrel blank that the guy is asking $450 for.....good deal/decent deal/steal? Thanks

1:8 twist, btw

jrg

Last edited:
I've come across a .264/6.5 Lilja 3G 26" fluted SS barrel blank that the guy is asking $450 for.....good deal/decent deal/steal? Thanks

1:8 twist, btw

jrg

You didn't mention contour. I think those barrels run around $475 plus shipping but you can check Lilja site. I have Lilja one of my 280AI and 30-338mag also 270 and 284.

You didn't mention contour. I think those barrels run around $475 plus shipping but you can check Lilja site. I have Lilja one of my 280AI and 30-338mag also 270 and 284.

My apologies...... #4 contour

jrg

Might not be a bad price if you need one really bad. Wait time with some Lilja barrels could be months and months. Call Lilja to see if they have one in stock ready to ship.
That might help make up your mind when they tell you it will ship Christmas of 2016.
You mentioned it was a blank but was 26". If it has been cut and crowned at 26", it might make it a better deal than having to pay someone to cut and crown it. I'm pretty sure Lilja ships them both ways.

Might not be a bad price if you need one really bad. Wait time with some Lilja barrels could be months and months. Call Lilja to see if they have one in stock ready to ship.
That might help make up your mind when they tell you it will ship Christmas of 2016.
You mentioned it was a blank but was 26". If it has been cut and crowned at 26", it might make it a better deal than having to pay someone to cut and crown it. I'm pretty sure Lilja ships them both ways.

These are all good questions and valid points. I have not seen the barrel in hand and the pics don't answer the above questions. From the looks the end is crowned it's just the action end is blank to be threaded to accept whatever action one decided to go with.

All being said if it works out the BIGGER question is what 6.5 to build!?!

jrg

These are all good questions and valid points. I have not seen the barrel in hand and the pics don't answer the above questions. From the looks the end is crowned it's just the action end is blank to be threaded to accept whatever action one decided to go with.

All being said if it works out the BIGGER question is what 6.5 to build!?!

jrg

The Lilja your looking at is not crowned it's the finished length and gunsmith will put crown that you like. if you get a #4 blank unfluted it's 28" long and finish would be 27" or shorter. Since the barrel fluted they cut 26" finished.

I have had 2 of those identical barrels on my 6.5 Shermans and they shoot lights out! The best part of the deal is it is available, and it does save a few bucks.....Rich

Always got to be a Negative Nancy in the bunch! Jk I'm well aware that that's one of the biggest downfalls.......but da*** it's a sick round!

jrg

Not trying to put it down, I have built some burners myself. I just wasn't sure if you were aware or not.......Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.