Lightweight Stock options

308cal

Looking at building a Lightweight toting around gun, and looking for a lightweight stock for the build. It will be a 6.5x47 with either a BSF CF barrel, or a Proof Sendero Light, in 22". I would like it to have a vertical grip, for comfort, and also what it to be light enough to tote around all day with ease. I am hoping for something in the 26-28 oz range.

I have some of the ag composites alpine hunter stocks. I really like them. Right after I bought 2 more they released a bunch of different models. They were getting them out in a few weeks when I got my first one direct from them. Other two were a really good deal from stockys. APA RTG bottom metal fits like a glove.

I built a "lighter" weight 6.5x47 two years ago with a Wildcat stock. Finished at 8 lbs with a Z5 5-25 and a #3 benchmark. Doesn't have a vertical grip though. Great choice in the x47. I really enjoy both of mine.

Call Joel Russo. He is a member here & deals exclusively in stocks. He can help you.

Wildcat Composites,,, non flex fore end.

The Vartac is the pistol grip model,,, 1.9 lbs,,, or filled solid for the long actions at 2.2 lbs,,, I get them filled in since the 0.3 of a lb adds up to nill...

$400 Cnd funds,,, about $297 Usd... The costs go up if you need it bedded and painted.

The VARTAC are very nice and light rigid as anything else. Mine was 26oz finished. I like it as it's a very similar fit to the Game scouts I usually put on my builds.
Fit and finished installed was $900can.

I've had a Savage Lightweight Hunter for 3 years, and now a Tikka T3 Superlite for 4 months. I wish I got the Tikka a long time ago. I still like the Savage, but the quality is nowhere near the Tikka.

If you're dead set on the Savage, I think your only two options are the Stockade or a model 11 or 111 Savage LWH take off stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.