Lightweight stock

Wysongdog

Putting together a hot rod 6.5 on a Borden LA. This is going to be my lightweight high country mule deer/sheep/wolf gun. My gunsmith has a manners eh1 in stock. I like the stock but I'm wondering if there's a better/different stock I should be looking at. I apologize if this has been asked multiple times in the past. Thanks for the help.

It'll really boil down to personal preferences. The EH-1 fits me well, I like the palm swell, comb, forend, etc. Ideally you could get your hands on a McMillan, AG Composite, other to see what you like.

It'll really boil down to personal preferences. The EH-1 fits me well, I like the palm swell, comb, forend, etc. Ideally you could get your hands on a McMillan, AG Composite, other to see what you like.

Yeah I would love to get my hands on the others to play with, but with being in Wyoming I'm a touch limited on options lol. I have eh5 with mini chassis on my 6mm cread but that thing is heavy. Love the stock tho

I've shot there CAT 700 , Alpine Hunter and Chalk Branch. If your a vertical grip guy the Alpine Hunter I like more traditional then the CAT 700.
The Chalk Branch was fine the jury's out on the different forend.

I've shot there CAT 700 , Alpine Hunter and Chalk Branch. If your a vertical grip guy the Alpine Hunter I like more traditional then the CAT 700.
The Chalk Branch was fine the jury's out on the different forend.
Thanks I'll look at those I appreciate it. Couldn't find the Cat 700

That EH1 will not be lighweight-- it will run around 2lbs.

What barrel are you going with? If you are running a small steel barrel 2, 2b, 3 I would look hard at an EH6 or EH8.

If you are planning on a Proof then Id go with an EH4 (shortened MCST) or the Proof Research Lightweight, which I believe is made by AG and weighs 19.8oz-- at least mine does on my scale.

If you want a full size but still relatively light the stock AG Composites makes for Mesa- the 'Altitude' is basically an exact match of the Manners MCST but weighs around 26-27oz.

That EH1 will not be lighweight-- it will run around 2lbs.

What barrel are you going with? If you are running a small steel barrel 2, 2b, 3 I would look hard at an EH6 or EH8.

If you are planning on a Proof then Id go with an EH4 (shortened MCST) or the Proof Research Lightweight, which I believe is made by AG and weighs 19.8oz-- at least mine does on my scale.

If you want a full size but still relatively light the stock AG Composites makes for Mesa- the 'Altitude' is basically an exact match of the Manners MCST but weighs around 26-27oz.

I am going to run a carbon barrel. Forgot to add that. thanks.

Putting together a hot rod 6.5 on a Borden LA. This is going to be my lightweight high country mule deer/sheep/wolf gun. My gunsmith has a manners eh1 in stock. I like the stock but I'm wondering if there's a better/different stock I should be looking at. I apologize if this has been asked multiple times in the past. Thanks for the help.
For a lightweight vertical grip stock, my choice would be a McMillan Edge Game Scout.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.