Limited stock options

1tonpower

I plaining to build a 260rem on a 6lug weatherby receiver. 22" number 3 wetherby contour. My problem is i cant find the stock i want. Id like something like the gamescout. Ive searched stockys and can only find a BC sporter stock for the 6 lug action. Im with with that if thats all i can get.

I plaining to build a 260rem on a 6lug weatherby receiver. 22" number 3 wetherby contour. My problem is i cant find the stock i want. Id like something like the gamescout. Ive searched stockys and can only find a BC sporter stock for the 6 lug action. Im with with that if thats all i can get.

When I was building my custom .308 Norma on an Enfield action, I also could not find a decent stock anywhere for it. Instead I ordered a piece of wood and my Uncle, who's a phenomenal gunsmith, did all of the stock work for me and fully customized it to my likes. If there is a gunsmith, who is good with stocks near you, that's probably your best bet so he can fit your tastes for your rifle.

2 options. Take whats available and mod it to your preference, or have Joel Russon make you one of exquisite stocks.

Its only money.

Larry
Tinkerer

Have you talked to McMillan about this? I think you can make a Game Scout work.

I havent made any calls yet. But i will called them when im closer to needing it. Ill be home sometime in december,i plan on sending my action out for trueing and barreling then. So i have a little bit of time before i need it.

Looks likes its going to be a Russon made stock for me. I emailed manners and they said they dont inlet for my action. And its been four days since i emailed mcmillan and no replay yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.