After market stock options…

wilkup

Looking for a lightweight stock with a profile similar to a Manners EH3 for a Weatherby Mark V 6 lug.
Doesn't appear to be many or any options out there that will accept a CF barrel profile.

Last edited:
You will most likely need to order one and have it inletted. McMillians game stalker is similar but wait times are 6 month +-.
Good luck

You will most likely need to order one and have it inletted. McMillians game stalker is similar but wait times are 6 month +-.
Good luck
Thanks! I'll check it out. Does it come with the "Edge Fill" option?
I did check out the McMillan Game Scout. It's another option I've always liked and considered but didn't see the Mark V 6 lug listed.

Thanks! I'll check it out. Does it come with the "Edge Fill" option?
I did check out the McMillan Game Scout. It's another option I've always liked and considered but didn't see the Mark V 6 lug listed.
You can get most styles in edge fill. If you don't see it listed just call them.

The peaks look like only a 4-8 week lead time. I have one on order for a Vanguard. The Stockys Vg2 stocks are close to EH1 but only for Vanguard not Mark 5.

Looking for a lightweight stock with a profile similar to a Manners EH3 for a Weatherby Mark V 6 lug.
Doesn't appear to be many or any options out there that will accept a CF barrel profile.
Not a lot of options for any Weatherby rifle unless you custom order from Manners or McMillan. Peak forty four has one stock design and while I'm not crazy about the stock,I love there recoil pads. They work.

McMillan will inlet the Game Hunter for a Mrk5. I had them inlet a stock for me earlier this year for a build. The had me ship them the Weatherby bottom metal so to inlet for an exact fit. Turnaround was just over 4 months.
I did the same only sent the complete barreled action for bedding and inlet for chosen bottom metal as well.

No dice on the McMillan 😐 Just spoke with a super nice gentleman named Josh down there and he said they won't mess with the 6 lug but he did give me the name of a former smith to check in with.
Fingers crossed this guy Doug can help make my dreams a reality. 🤞🤞

Just spoke with Doug at Saint Arbor Customs and he said he can do the inlet on a 6 lug. Looked through the options and like the HTG-M40A1 with lightweight fill. He said we should be able to finish in the 28-32oz range with it. Add a heavily fluted Brux #3 at 22" and I've got a legit sub 6lbs mountain rifle 👌
Gonna be a pretty spendy stock with the custom inletting though.

Have you got behind the M40 stock?

Very cool, however the drop leaves a lot to be desired if shooting any prone. Used to have to add a pillow with tape on it (ok not that bad, but quite a bit) to get consistent eye relief.