After Market Trigger

baydog

Hello everyone. Been looking at a few after market triggers. Is a Jewell trigger a little better trigger than a Timney? Any other good triggers that anyone can recommend? I Will be putting it on a 300rum Sendero
Thanks
Scotty

I don't know if they're better, but I run Jewell on every rifle and have never had a problem. I like it that all triggers are the same pull weight and take the same tools. There are a lot of Timney lovers out there also.

Which one do you ya'll like. I was looking at the HVR.. Ain't got to have the best one but don't want to get one and wish I got the other..I do a lot of whitetail hunting and all the bench shooting I can get time for

On a hunting trigger I don't go lower than 1lb. If
You hunt cold weather might want it heavier. My target gun is single diget ounces. Don't know what it is exactly. Don't have a trigger scale light enough to measure.

The Timney Calvin Elite is worth a look. I'd put it right up there with Jewell for $30 less.

Which one do you ya'll like. I was looking at the HVR.. Ain't got to have the best one but don't want to get one and wish I got the other..I do a lot of whitetail hunting and all the bench shooting I can get time for

They are all high quality, you can't go wrong. The difference in the models are safety's, bolt release, and trigger pull range. Read up on the details to decide if it is proper for your action configuration.

This is the one you want to replace the M700 trigger, it's got the safety and bolt release in the factory position. The other models just move the safety or bolt release to different positions or delete them, they're all the same as far as internals except the 1.5 oz benchrest model which you don't want other than on a dedicated target rifle.

GreatScottShooters.com

Gary went to buy a trigger from the link you sent me cause it's defiantly a good my but they're out of stock...Do you know if all jewell triggers come with a spring kit?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.