Lightweight hunting setups

oldmossy

I've been a long-range hunter and shooter for about 10 yrs. Primarily shooting 7mms. Currently shooting 195 elites in my 12lb custom sendero 7mm rum. However, this year me and a friend is gonna try to draw a back country muledeer hunt. We have plans of hunting each day with all our gear. Camping each night wherever we are at come nightfall. That being said, I have 2 rifles I'm seeking advice for. I have a 300 weatherby ultralight. And a 6.5 RPM in a weathermark LT. My question is ...which bullet should I run in each gun for short to moderate range (200-700yd) deer hunting.

In lighter offerings Ive like AB,s. Im trying some badlands mono metal high BC.Shot one bull is all with themso...

Yes it was. I have shot many bullets over the years,killed a lot of game with N partitions.Used Barnes also.The bull I shot with I think it was super dozer 240 in a 338NM.I hunt mainly that,went center of shoulder on exit,only 200 yrds,my rifle usually exits like that with partitions to in 400+ shots.I shot quite few animals with my 325 wsm,with good luck with 200 NAB.Broke a off side shoulder on a close timber shot bull.The badlands bull was feeding never knew what hit him 15 yrd was down or rolled,didnt see crash because a big fir tree blocked view,but never exited past tree base.My 325 wsm real light,shot few bulls and some whopper muleys with that set up real nice packer,ran old leupold tactical and a B&C retical with CDS on that rifle,still use a grab n go truck gun.But I only like it to 700 yrds.My muley in avatar with the 325

Attachments

• 7x7.jpg
    7x7.jpg
    861.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
The Accubond has a high enough BC in any of the cals listed for 700 and in shots.
This is what I use in mag boxes that are less than ideal for the longer VLD bullets.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts