lightweight 338 edge

bubba41

hi guys need some help ! whats the lightest 338 edge do you guys have ? mine probably weighs 15 lb's need opinion on lighter rifles . i'm looking for something around 8 to 10 lbs are they still accurate what speed are you guy getting if the barrel is shorter? getting older !!!

Look at DE web site.He makes a light weight LR rifle in that caliber that around 10#,he has lighter in smaller offerings.I saw a 338 RUM in classifieds of his that had a great target and was just over 8#,but that was a while back.

I shoot a standard .338 RUM in the XCR. Not fancy, but with a young family a custom is out of the question. It's lite, not sure how lite, but I would be suprised if it were over 8.5 (without bi-pod). I havent met many people other than my Dad and myself that can shoot it well, so recoil is stout.
I have shot under 1\2" groups with it, but the norm is around 5/8"-3/4".
I have pushed the 300 SMK at 2850 fps with a 26" tube, but I wasnt the wisest handloader at the time. I now shoot the 300 bergers at 2765 fps. I have shot the 210 TTSX at 3400 and the 225 SST at 3300"ish" (chrony was being a bugger, so I went off my drops). The lighter bullets are very easy to shoot in comparisonm to the 300's.

You can have one built as light as you want however think about what you want it to do first. Light rifles can be just as accurate but they behave differently. If I were you id call shawn carlock at defensive edge

thanks thats is what i'm doing looking into the lightweight long range model just need to sell a few things and i'll get one ordered.

Shawn built me a 338 edge that is 8.2 lbs with a NF 2.5x10x32 on it. I use it for my backpack hunts. Pretty comfortable with their brake. We shot it out to 1657 yrds at and was not hard to hold MOA. Not the ideal gun for less demanding long range shooting but sure puts the odds in your favor on the mountain tops when you are after goats or sheep.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.