Light primer strikes

Sorry if wrong forum.
I've had 5 out of 90 what I'm assuming are light strikes with a new rifle.
After removing bullet and powder I chambered the primed empty brass and they all fired. Measured firing pin protrusion and best I can tell it's .046-.047 which from my understanding is what bighorn says it's supposed to be.
Big horn sr3 action
Proof steel barrel
Peterson brass
Cci br4 primers
Any ideas? Don't have headspace gauges but fired brass measures .003-.004 longer than new brass.
Should've mentioned 6mm creed

300WM pretty routine since it originally headspaces off belt.
Still pretty excessive. Yes it can happen first time fired, as like you said it is headspacing off the belt. After the first firing the correct way to FL size the brass is cartridge base to shoulder. Some misunderstand that and it's the main reason belted cartridges sometimes get a bad rap.

Still pretty excessive. Yes it can happen first time fired, as like you said it is headspacing off the belt. After the first firing the correct way to FL size the brass is cartridge base to shoulder. Some misunderstand that and it's the main reason belted cartridges sometimes get a bad rap.
Factory brass to Savage 110 chambers in two rifles. After first firing everyting irie.

Never mind my rifles, let's get this guy dialed in! 😄

It seems most of the FTF issues with Bighorns are using Timneys. Haven't heard of problems with Trigger tech. Worth a call to Zermatt, they have the best customer service of about anyone. Might he as simple as a cocking piece if the trigger has never been timed to the action.

If you have a firing pin fall or protrusion issue @alexwheeler is where I would look for help on that action. You haven't answered my question on if you are shooting hand loads and or have measured your amount of shoulder bump on the brass. Excessive shoulder bump can absolutely cause the problem you are having. If that is not the culprit, then I'm out of the discussion and defer to a qualified gunsmith.

If you have a firing pin fall or protrusion issue @alexwheeler is where I would look for help on that action. You haven't answered my question on if you are shooting hand loads and or have measured your amount of shoulder bump on the brass. Excessive shoulder bump can absolutely cause the problem you are having. If that is not the culprit, then I'm out of the discussion and defer to a qualified gunsmith.
He should be able to shoot factory ammo.