Life of Coppermelt

Alucard

Hey, I am sure that this question has been asked before, but here it goes.

I have 2 bottles of Coppermelt. One of them has been sitting sine about February of this year at room temperature. I opened it this morning and it had pressure built up. Is this can still good? How long does this stuff last before it no longer cleans as good as when it is new?

The other can that I have I have been using since about the same time. It NEVER develops pressure, and I also was heated in the 40 degree sun for a few hours. When I put a few drops on a penny this morning, it barely turned a blue color. Is this can done? Will it still work at all?

Thanks for the info.

I swear...I'm having bad dreams about this coppermelt stuff. Shooters choice and kroil for me... K.I.S.S.

Sheeezz...Wonder what they did back in the 60's 70's etc without coppermelt!

Off topic...Any good places to hunt near Saskatoon? Looks like I'll be traveling lots there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Joe

I have been using Coppermelt for over 1 year now and have seen the pressure build-up like you mention in a majority of the cans. I don't think it matters whether the temp is hot or cold but more along the lines of if it has a transition from hot to cold. It is completely normal and doesn't affect the performance of the product.

I have never seen or heard from the maker anything about a shelf life. I have this stuff stockpiled in amounts that will last me for 6 years and I fully expect the last can to be as good as the first. My original can went from 15 degrees to 95 degrees and from 4200 feet to 11,200 feet in one year and it was good to the last drop over the course of 1 year.

Honestly, you fellows are putting way to much stock in the idea that this stuff is weak and fragile. IT IS NOT!! This enzyme is strong enough to be immersed in ammonia (very slight, .05%) it's entire life 24/7. Trust me, you don't need to baby it anymore than you baby your Budweiser. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Sheeezz...Wonder what they did back in the 60's 70's etc without coppermelt

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder what they did back in the 1800's for transportation....oh yeah, they walked and rode horses. WHy would you ever want to hop in a brand new Ford GT when you could hop into a horse and buggy? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You got that right. I would much rather jump on a horse than hop into a FORD GT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif A chevy...Ok but not a Ford! Things in life are tuff enough why complicate things. Our whole lives are complicated.

So...I'd much rather have the Horse and buggy. And my 6.5 LSR too hehehhehe

Joe

I'm not really a Ford fan either, but I have to admit that the GT is a hot car. A guy I know just drove down to San Antonio to pick one up for a cool $215,000! He drove it back and made it 12 miles before getting pulled over. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I experience slight pressure in bottles of coppermelt that have been stored with the lid tight for a long time. I now open the bottles from time to time to see if I get a "piift". Coppermelt does just fine when kept in it's original container. In the past I tried putting it in another plastic bottle and it killed it. Went back to the bottle and got the same fantastic cleaning results. Seems like a small price to pay, just leaving it in the original container. The first time I tried coppermelt I did'nt get any blue on the patch and was slightly dissappointed. Nest time cleaned it was just a lot faster and a lot less hassle.
Semper Fi

Ok guys. Thanks for the info. I tried the questionable bottle out the other day on my .220 Swift-Copperfouler. It took about 2 more patches then usual to get it clean, but all in all it was still working. I guess that stuff can take some heat and still work.

[ QUOTE ]
I guess that stuff can take some heat and still work.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope so because I ordered some and once delivered it'll probably be sitting on my front porch in the hot sun most of the afternoon before I can get home from work to take it inside. I'm hoping the UPS guy will hide it behind one of the flower planters we have. That'll shade it. Should be here today or tomorrow. Can't wait to try it out.

Me too.
I just received mine from Payson Sports and Trophy (thanks goodgrouper) on a 105 degree day from UPS. Straight from the truck the box and (2) bottles inside were about as hot as I would imagine they could get under those conditions. Have'nt tried em yet. Hope they are still good.
BTW, Payson Sports and Trophy returned my voicemail, took my VISA info and had it to me in CA. in 2 days!
As I venture away from the supposed K.I.S.S method, I hope this stuff isn't too complex for me to use!
Then again, I'm pretty sure I can handle it.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.