lieca 1600

Reliance

Just bought a new lieca 1600 from Cabeles in january. I was told that I"ve got 60 days to return it if not satisfied. I' ve got a bushnell 800, but it has a very hard time ranging past 300 yards. I have a hunting buddy that owns the swaroski 1500 and we have had exellent results with it. I also have another buddy that has the lieca 1200 and have had great results with it to. When the lieca 1600 came out I thought it would be benificial to own it and kind of do some comparisons with the others. We all hunt coyotes in the sage brush areas and sometimes have a hard time getting it to range back because of small reflective targets. Here's what I have found, the first week of hunting I would hit the range button and it would range very well out to about 200 yards, picks up everything. Past 200 it would pick up buildings to 700 yds., but only about 40 percent of time. To say the least I was dissapointed. Went back to the owners manual and read up on the scan mode, figured it out after some trail and error. Oh my God what a difference when you hit the range button, and it wont range, you hold the button down till the scan mode comes up and it will send numbers of beams down range, after 3 to 4 seconds it will come up with a range 90 percent of the time. The farthest it has ranged for me is 1944 yrds. I'am very happy with it.
It also has the ballistic comp. readout just been playing with it for now. This rangefinder is deffinently worth the money.

There is another thread hear on same issue, my buddies did the same,sent it back. First one could not keep up with my 1200.

You should not have to hold it in scan mode to get hit targets, the one I've used I could hit 1600yrds without problems each time I pushed the button and 1800-1900 it did well but i had to brace up well. It seems they had a few get out with a problem like this but from the sounds of it they have been taking care of it very well.

I was not that impressed with the 1600, but did learn one thing with it. If you have big hands make sure your palm is not cupping around the front and blocking stuff that should not be blocked. I had a backup swaro that I was letting the wife use.......I gave her the 1600 and took my spare back.

Just wanted say thanks for incouraging me take the lieca 1600 back to cabelas and exchange it for another. I've been playing with it for about a week now and this one ranges just about every time out to 1000yds with one time clicks, so much nicer. I've gotten it to range 1989 yds today. Thanks again guys.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts