Lieca 800 vs 1200

royinidaho

Initial purchase was the 1200 scan.

I am so pleased with it both ranging and optics that I have no desire to look at anything else.

I no longer carry binos

If the shorter ranging is sufficient, you most probably won't be able to range to 800 consistently, and $ are a consideration do a side by side comparison and you'll know the difference.

Just my tho'ts.

goodgrouper

I have owned both and can't really say there is too much difference other than what you've already stated. I have kind of noticed the batteries running low sooner with the 1200, but I need to make more scientific experiments of this to really say.

Birth Controller2

Hey Josie,

The main difference is the "scan" feature. It keeps you from doing the "shoot-read ... shoot-read" thing. You just hold the button down and it updates the yardage as you scan the hunting ground.

The other difference is, of course, 400 yards. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I just picked up a Leica 800 off eBAY for $200. I don't shoot any farther than 5 - 600 yds, so it should serve me well.

Jason (JB1000br) is VERY pleased with his 800 ... his posts convinced me to get an 800 and save a little money.

The $200 was a freak case, I'd never thought that would happen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

MikeTBC

[ QUOTE ]
What differences, besides yardage and perhaps cosmetics, is there between these two models?

[/ QUOTE ]

joseywales

That's what I'm thinking about the 800. I'll be patient and a good deal will come along. I just don't think I need the 1200 right now.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.