Leupold warranty puts others to shame!

Break a European scope inside 20 rounds, ha,, yeah, if your firing the rounds at the **** scope.

The looks, feel and build quality of the leading European scope manufacturers is just miles ahead of the rest,.

You guys keep on buying and using what you like., If you want the cutting edge in optical excellence, combined with ruggedness, build quality, repeatability. then you have to go with one of the European scope manufacturers. S&B bieng, in my book the best.
Pete

Pete

<<If you want the cutting edge in optical excellence,>>

But Pete...I do! That's why I own so many Leupolds!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

They are the best in the business, bank on it. I sent a VariX III 2.5X8 scope in because it was turning purple (ozidation I guess). I explained that I wanted to inquire about whether they would refinish it. Sent me a brand new scope in the box. I am a customer forever.

[ QUOTE ]
Break a European scope inside 20 rounds, ha,, yeah, if your firing the rounds at the **** scope.

The looks, feel and build quality of the leading European scope manufacturers is just miles ahead of the rest,.

You guys keep on buying and using what you like., If you want the cutting edge in optical excellence, combined with ruggedness, build quality, repeatability. then you have to go with one of the European scope manufacturers. S&B bieng, in my book the best.
Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Pete -- You hit the nail on the head! I have had them all and S&B is right at the top but one US Scope and by that I mean even the componets are made here is at the top as well--US Optics! Some folks have not had the chance to own a really good piece of glass and do not know any better. Some are just plain too cheap to spend the money on the good stuff--I had a Loopie cost me one of the biggest deer I have seen. Went back the next evening with the same conditions with another rifle with a Zeiss and no problem. The same area where the buck had been was clear as a bell. I was in an elevated stand looking into a dark field(facing west) and the set sun had lit it the sky and it was refracting off of the front objective reflecting light in such a way is I could not see into the dark field.I called Loopie and they told me that nothing was wrong with the scope it was the coatings that caused that issue and that at the time that was the best product they had. Life is too short to use cheap optics and blow a shot you have worked all year to set up. Funny I have no issues with low light conditions anymore!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Boss Hoss, Your assumtion that we're cheap because we don't own a S+B or US OPTICS makes me think you must have an insight on all LRH,s financial situation. Some of us have to scrape, beg, borrow or steal to get a $800.00 Leuopold. ,But we're not cheap just monetarily challenged. So we put what money we do have to the best use. Instead of S+B, I choose to have a (Leuopold and a gun) for the same money I would have spent on the S+B or US OPTIC which I'm sure are great optics.
the article about the toughest scopes never mentioned S+B by name but did mention Zeiss and SWarovski as scopes that should be limited to guns of 300 mag or less because of their inability to handle heavy recoil from the large cal. guns. They said it not me.
I should note that the last six LSOTY awards winners were useing Leuopold (5) and Nightforce (1) so I feel like I'm in pretty good company with my Leuopold.
7mmRHB

[ QUOTE ]
Boss Hoss, Your assumtion that we're cheap because we don't own a S+B or US OPTICS makes me think you must have an insight on all LRH,s financial situation. Some of us have to scrape, beg, borrow or steal to get a $800.00 Leuopold. ,But we're not cheap just monetarily challenged. So we put what money we do have to the best use. Instead of S+B, I choose to have a (Leuopold and a gun) for the same money I would have spent on the S+B or US OPTIC which I'm sure are great optics.
the article about the toughest scopes never mentioned S+B by name but did mention Zeiss and SWarovski as scopes that should be limited to guns of 300 mag or less because of their inability to handle heavy recoil from the large cal. guns. They said it not me.
I should note that the last six LSOTY awards winners were useing Leuopold (5) and Nightforce (1) so I feel like I'm in pretty good company with my Leuopold.
7mmRHB

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry--did not mean to insult anyone but what you read in the rags has to be taked with a grain of salt a very large grain. In fact, one of the best long range sniper platforms on the planet (AI AWM 338 Lapua) uses a S&B PMII 4x16.

I make my money the same way 1 dollar at a time and work 55 to 60 hour weeks more often than not. The story involving the Loopie was funny because the Loopie involved cost more than the Zeiss!! Go figure--it was a 6 power.

The other scope you mentioned I would not own if you gave it to me! Well I do still have one of them a 6x24 on my 6mm x 284 but have broken 2 on previous rifles including my 30-378 Wby!! No more for me thank you. I have lots of friends who shoot the Loopies and I would on the right rifle use one again. With the cost of the German Optics going out of site due to the Euro I will most likely be using US Optics quite a bit in the future.

Must agree but comparing $2000 to $3000+ scopes with $200, is like comparing a Roller to a Travant. Compare like with like, such as Mark 4's which are a lot cheaper with bomb proof internals and glass almost in the same league, these track probably the best in the biz and is still the benchmark for other scope producers 20 years on.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.