Leupold VX-6 Tac dials

el matador

When looking at the turret options for the VX-6 I had a hard time finding much info. I recently got the tactical or "Tac" dials for my scope and wanted to post up the details for anyone looking at this upgrade.

From Leupold:
The tactical dials can be installed on any TMOA reticle scope. If your scope is a non-TMOA reticle model but it's a 3-18, 4-24 or 7-42, you can have the tall adjustment assemblies installed in order to use the TAC dials. If your VX-6 is a 1-6 or 2-12, you will not be able to convert the scope over to use the TAC dials.
Since mine is a TMOA scope I was able to simply order the new knobs for $60 each. They did not have a matching side focus knob available.

These TAC dials are exactly what I was looking for. Plenty of height to get a good grip, and plenty of room to have your CDS info engraved above the regular MOA hash marks. Still they are not too tall or bulky. The clicks are not as positive as a NF scope (some may describe them as mushy), but they are still clicks. When dialing for long range I don't count clicks anyway! To me this point is moot but I think they could improve the feel of the clicks for those who care. Otherwise these turrets are perfect.

I didn't play around with the zero stop on the factory CDS dial, but the zero stop on the TAC dial is excellent. It works via a threaded sleeve inside the knob which bottoms out right at 0 MOA. It allows one or two clicks below the zero mark and does not have a limit on the upper end. With my 20 MOA rail I have 3 full turns of "up" adjustment which is 60 MOA.

Thanks to Timber338 for posting pics of his VX-6 turrets on this thread: http://www.longrangehunting.com/for...repeat-ability-156402/index3.html#post1105907
You can see the stock dials and also the CDS knob that still fits under the cap. The TAC dials cover up the threads for the cap and have a very clean look to them. I confirmed with Leupold that my free CDS turret coupon can be used for a custom TAC dial when I get my ballistic info together for this gun.

Attachments

• IMG_2782.JPG
    IMG_2782.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_2783.JPG
    IMG_2783.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 273
Those look nice. I should have a set showing up here shortly only for the elevation turret. I am going to leave my windage turret covered. Like you said also, I used my free CDS dial to get this turret. Nice to see that they will look like, info on these is scarce to say the least. Leupold did a bad job on getting the word out.

El Matador, very informative post. I am wanting to put TAC elevation turret on my VX-6 and your pic sealed the deal. Thank you.

When looking at the turret options for the VX-6 I had a hard time finding much info. I recently got the tactical or "Tac" dials for my scope and wanted to post up the details for anyone looking at this upgrade.

From Leupold: Since mine is a TMOA scope I was able to simply order the new knobs for $60 each. They did not have a matching side focus knob available.

These TAC dials are exactly what I was looking for. Plenty of height to get a good grip, and plenty of room to have your CDS info engraved above the regular MOA hash marks. Still they are not too tall or bulky. The clicks are not as positive as a NF scope (some may describe them as mushy), but they are still clicks. When dialing for long range I don't count clicks anyway! To me this point is moot but I think they could improve the feel of the clicks for those who care. Otherwise these turrets are perfect.

I didn't play around with the zero stop on the factory CDS dial, but the zero stop on the TAC dial is excellent. It works via a threaded sleeve inside the knob which bottoms out right at 0 MOA. It allows one or two clicks below the zero mark and does not have a limit on the upper end. With my 20 MOA rail I have 3 full turns of "up" adjustment which is 60 MOA.

Thanks to Timber338 for posting pics of his VX-6 turrets on this thread: http://www.longrangehunting.com/for...repeat-ability-156402/index3.html#post1105907
You can see the stock dials and also the CDS knob that still fits under the cap. The TAC dials cover up the threads for the cap and have a very clean look to them. I confirmed with Leupold that my free CDS turret coupon can be used for a custom TAC dial when I get my ballistic info together for this gun.

Great info, thanks!!

I used my free one to order one with moa vs custom, it's nice to see em thanks. One thing I didn't know about the
vx6 3-18 44mm, is that the elevation is 1/8 moa per click. I'm guessing this target dial is the same correct? (Just asking because on the card I got it said all custom turrets were 1/4 moa per click)

I used my free one to order one with moa vs custom, it's nice to see em thanks. One thing I didn't know about the
vx6 3-18 44mm, is that the elevation is 1/8 moa per click. I'm guessing this target dial is the same correct? (Just asking because on the card I got it said all custom turrets were 1/4 moa per click)

I guess Leupold makes a lot of variations, BUT my Vx-6 3-18x44s have 1/4 moa dials. Have never seen one with 1/8 clicks, but anything is possible.

Ya I don't think I'm happy about it, I will have finer tuning but I will lose elevation hopefully I will still be able to get out to 1000 yards

I dropped it off at my dads house that is where we our going to glass bed, reload etc..
I don't have it sitting with me but it was the vx6 3-18 44mm with TMOA reticle, I ordered it online and it was suppose to be 1/4 clicks with 70 or 75 MOA for elevation. I wish i had it with me to check, but if i remember right one full revelation was 10 MOA, and i think it only had 3 revelations so that would only be 30 MOA. How many MOA is one full turn on yours?

It was new in the box when i got it, so no modification that i know of.
1/8 clicks elevation and 1/4 clicks windage.
I didn't notice until i went to order the target turrets, i asked am i going to lose elevation and he said no you will just have more clicks, i believed him and now i am wondering if i lost half of my elevation...

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.