Leupold VX-6 3-18X50 questions

Since the March already has great glass at 42mm I am sure the 50 would be better, but, as I mentioned its the weight I want to get away from . The bigger the objective the more it weighs and the more top heavy the rifle becomes. I will stick with the 42 mm.

Since weight is so important maybe you would consider the Swarovski z5 5-25X52. It is about five ounces lighter than the 42mm March. And the glass is probably nearly the same quality.

I have used the Z5 3x18x44. My only complaint was the very very fine crosshair. I even sent it back to swaro for a reticle chnage but still too fine. The 50mm objective is too large for me, they tend to make the gun top heavy for me. I do like Swaro glass for sure...

I can handle one ounce, and yes sir, I can a test to the clarity of the VX6 at 18x since I have 3 and use them almost exclusively now. They are still longer and in my opinion more bulky than the March 42mm. But again you are correct in the price issue, is the March worth $1000 more? As I mentioned in the first post I made about this, one of the VX6s had tracking issues new from the factory. As always, Leupold fixed the problem. I use the turrets and require absolute dependability but a tracking issue leaves little gremlins in the brain...even if it was fixed...

Bill,

Yep, understand about being burnt. But for now, I'll be sticking to my Leupy!

My oldest son builds custom rifles (including my Rem 700 .30-06) and uses S&B scopes almost exclusively. While competing in NRA sanctioned shoots here, in Florida and in Texas, he says he's heard nothing but good about the March products! Because their offerings are made by Deon in Japan (serviced there also), March can only offer a 5-year warranty (but probably will never need it). According to Ryan at Kelbly's Precision (USA March Rep)...they had a Great ShotShow 2015 and will be re-stocking up on the most popular scope choices.

No doubt, the March scope selections will be a wise choice for you, or even me!

Ted

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.