Leupold variable zero shift?

G

I was wondering if anyone has noticed a zero shift with power changes on the high power Leupolds?
I have a 8.5-25 LRT which maybe doing this.
I need to experiment further but I am suspecting either a zero shift between 20x and 25x or a parallex problem.
Any comments appreciated.
APB

Check your scope with a bore sighter to check for mechanical problems. Run up and down the power checking for POI changes. Also, check the parallax adjustment for the same shift changes. If you do have a mechanical problem it should be visible. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

APB,
I had a 6.5-20 LRT that had a variable POI shifting problem. I shot my scope tests one of them being to shoot 3 shot groups at 4 power settings (6.4,10,16 & 20) at 100 yards I noticed that I had group 1 (6.5x) then in order the other groups fell in line from left to right and slightly up of the first group making a group that was about .8 MOA tall and about 1.5 MOA wide this was out of a 6BR that would shoot in the .1's. I send it to Leupold with the target and a letter, they fixed it and had it back in about 2 weeks.

Shawn, can you remember if the scope would repeat the POI on the different power settings. kinda curious,one reason i leave mine on 20x and don't move it.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.